Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ellen the enabler   General Discussion

Started Apr-27 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 415 views.

Ellen just happened to mention that the shop she works at has a number of novelties and I should go look.  She didn't mention they were all marked down - everything was either 6.95 or 7.95 per yard . 

I found purple doggies - always looking for purple

and orange houses - always need orange that isn't halloween

green zebras - actually getting low on zebras & green is welcome too

yo yos & jump rope (good letters)

and xylophones!  And that might be purple though I got it for the X.

and this will make great binding

Thanks Ellen.  because I really "needed" these, ahahahah

for those of you curious, the name is Mulqueens Sewing & Fabric centers.

CC (ccase5)

Apr-27

Oh purple doggies and the last one too!! little foot prints. so very cute. yep, do not enable me please!! can't now anyway, expensive dental work coming up.
In reply toRe: msg 1

Just to be fair, I stopped by Cabbage Rose on my way home from having lunch with a former co-worker.  They are closing in June but are not putting things on sale - kind of odd.  Anyway I found two more Orange fabrics that will work for novelties- a nice bright orange too - very unusual to find a true orange that isn't Halloween themed.  

And look at this bird fabric.  Definitely quail & pheasants, but I think those are some guinea fowl too.  Not sure a kid would know them, but thought it was a nice addition to my stash anyway.

judyinohio

Apr-27

And there is a pair of Canada geese in there as well.

Also mallard ducks and Canadian geese!

Midkid5

Apr-27

I have never quite understood why kids need to know what everything is in an I-spy quilt.  If there is something a child does not know or recognize it's a learning opportunity.  My 4 year old DGD surprised me not long ago knowing the difference between a fiddle and violin.

Jo

judyinohio

Apr-27

Uhhhhh ..... a violin is a fiddle and a fiddle is a violin.  My grandpa played a fiddle when he took his violin out of its case and made music for square dances but it sure looked like a violin to me.

You do have a point.  I don't worry about them knowing "everything", but I do want there to be at least one of each letter they can easily identify.  Thus I don't tend to do Quail for Q.  Quarter or queen are best, but lately I've been using a lot of question marks.  Which now that you mention it a child who can't read wouldn't know any way.  

And I didn't know there was a difference between a fiddle and a violin, I just thought it was the kind of music played on it.  Is it the chin rest?

Midkid5

Apr-27

The difference is in the setup and the way they hold it, which than produces the different music associated with each.

Jo

bornblesse2

Apr-28

Hahaha......they get me when I go in to work also!  Mulqueens always has lower priced fabrics.  But, they also do not carry the lastest lines of fabric.

that is a cool stripe!  Glad you found a few to love.