Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

It needs something but not sure what   General Discussion

Started Apr-27 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 243 views.

I like the block, but I'm just not loving this - it needs something.  Maybe a scrappy sashing out of the blacks?  Right now it feels like a recipe that needs salt.

Probably black sashing, and I might also stagger the columns.  Just a thought.    

judyinohio

Apr-28

Yes to sashing.  Audition several choices. For some reason a narrow red or maroon popped into mind but I am not in the room with the blocks.

bornblesse2

Apr-28

Can you do a narrow black sashing?  

I think I'm going to try a scrappy black sashing - I really want to get rid of more of these fraying noodles.  The pattern in the book also uses a piano key border, I think I'm going to do that as well using B&W only.  I'm seriously tired of dealing with all the fraying, unevenly cut noodles.  Very frustrated trying to piece accurately with them.  I feel like I spent as much time trimming the threads as I did sewing.  gah!  But the fabric was free, I should not complain I guess.  Some of it is so bad at this point I tossed them in the string pile, as that is basically what they are now = literally!