Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Not ANOTHER puffer fish fabric!   General Discussion

Started Apr-30 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 455 views.

But yeah, there is.  I STILL wish I could find some more of the original, but when I saw this yesterday at the local quilt shop, I knew I must have some of it.  The puffer fish is approximately 2 inches in diameter.  ALL of the fish and other creatures on this fabric - including the mangy-looking cat) look angry, so instead of the UGLY puffer fish, this one is going to be the ANGRY one.  And the crab looks so crabby.  haha  

I just love this fabric and the others in the collection.  Is by Alexander Henry, from his "ghastlies" fabric line.

And I also purchased my pressing sticks!  One is 9 inches and the other is 18 inches.  I am just so tickled that they had them at my local store.  BTW, I had not visited that shop in a year, so don't be thinkin' I am down there every week or anything.  LOL  

judyinohio

Apr-30

I think the cat is annoyed because it is having to swim with those creatures of the sea who seem to be giving the cat stink-eye.

cute!  But they do all look irritated, don't they.

That's one thing I like about it.  For some reason, I find grumpy faces amusing.  I think it started with that grumpy cat.  LOL  

Plus, that particular line has kind of a mildly dark vibe anyway - almost a Halloween fabric, but not really (no H. colors).  Kind of creepy in an "Addams Family" kind of way.  ha

Yup those critters look ticked! Especially the cat.

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Is by Alexander Henry, from his "ghastlies" fabric line.

for you great fabric. Me? Not so much.

haha -- Hey, did you ever get your donut fabric?  

Yes, I bought some from JoAnns. But it wasn’t large or bright enough. So Owen and I made 5 donuts last weekend and he “iced” them. I’ll post a picture in a day or two. I just need to put the side borders on and it will be ready to quilt!

CC (ccase5)

May-2

I really like that fabric!! I had some "angry" cats prints and "angry" birds too. also lots of chicken prints. most are gone now.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-2

Leave it to you to find a puffer fish.  He certainly doesn't look happy.  I know you will have fun with the fabric.