Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

B&W pinwheels top finished   Show and Tell

Started May-3 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1061 views.

well I officially have used up Almost all the B&W strips I inherited.   I did have to supplement two strips of medium tones from my stash for the pieced border.  But otherwise this entire quilt was from my 2.5" precut box.  The box doesn't look very empty though.  The quilt is a bit brighter in person.  The bottom portion of the photo is dark because the quilt is so large it was near the floor on my design wall.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-3

Another beautiful quilt by Dee.  Any idea how you will quilt it?

Thanks Cathy.  Re quilting, I should use it to practice my LA skills, feathers or ruler work.  But it honestly depends on my mood when I finally decide to quilt it.  I don't know how soon that will be.  I want to use some soft cuddly fleece on the back so I need to go shopping.  I think I want to use it to snuggle with rather than a wall hanging (it's pretty big).  Since it is supposed to be near 90 today, I think the snuggle on the sofa part of the year is over, so no rush.  smile I may put it in the closet to age a bit.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-3

Looks great, Dee!   It's a good feeling to use up what you have.  Think of the space you have created to be filled with NEW!  BRIGHT!  SHINEY! stuff.  :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-3

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I may put it in the closet to age a bit.

EXCELLENT IDEA!    Finish no quilt before its time!  :-)

judyinohio

May-3

Now that's a bumper sticker idea. 

Finish no quilt before its time! 

You could set up a booth at a quilt show; you and Mr. Pirate could earn a tidy sum selling T-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs, etc. with that motto emblazoned on all kinds of tchotchkes.

(I agree, Dee, it's a very cute quilt top and it can wait and "ripen" in the closet.)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Finish no quilt before its time

I agree with Judy.  That's right up there with the "this took forever" labels.

Midkid5

May-3

Your quilt is lovely, makes me think it's dancing.  I have used cotton velour on the back of quilts so they would be extra cuddly. Cuddly polyesters just cause to much static electricity for me.

Jo

thanks.  It's relatively humid here so we don't have that much problem with static.  Not compared to where I grew up in New Mexico anyway.  sometimes socks are a problem out of the dryer but I've not be zapped by a quilt lately.

bornblesse2

May-3

That looks great Dee!  Your piano key border in grays looks great on it!   Job well done!