Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

String block idea   Show and Tell

Started May-8 by bornblesse2; 5915 views.
bornblesse2

Jul-11

I had quite a time finding this thread….but it started when I found the different colored star string blocks.  So, when I saw this posted on FB Quilters thread, I jus5 had to post it here!

i find myself really wanting to do one of these quilts.  But, I have a pile of things ahead of it that need to be finished up.  
enjoy the eye candy!

judyinohio

Jul-11

Oh, my, that is a lovely quilt!

I feel like my reds and neutrals string quilt is becoming a "Forever Quilt" but my notes say that I started it on May 15th so that really is not forever ... guess my mistake was in cutting the fabrics into one inch strips.

You'd think I was old enough to know better.

But it is going to look awesome when it is done.

I really like that. I am so busy right now it will be a bit before I can work on anything.

latterberry

Jul-12

You are right--it will look awesome.  Skinny strips may take forever, but will look so much better in the end.  Do you need any reds?  I have plenty to share.

judyinohio

Jul-12

Absolutely not!!!! (Imagine me cringing in fear behind a cutting mat!)

The whole point of making this quilt was to get rid of some of my reds and neutrals and, as you might guess, this project has not really made a dent in my collection.

Like coathangers, the red and neutral fabrics breed in the dark of night while I am sleeping ... 

latterberry

Jul-12

Like coathangers, the red and neutral fabrics breed in the dark of night while I am sleeping ...

?I know that problem all too well!  All my colors do that!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-12

Quilters are getting more creative with strings.  I sorted mine by width.  now I feel like I should sort them also by color.  Hmmmm.  Could be a lot of work.

This star quilt is beautiful.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-12

judyinohio said:

my reds and neutrals string quilt

This quilt will also be beautiful.  I made a small version of this quilt with 1.5" HSTs.  I had to be careful not to turn one into the wrong direction.

In reply toRe: msg 80
bornblesse2

Jul-16

So, I found another string quilt pattern!   This one was made from Kaffe Faucett ( ok, I spelled his name wrong!)

you can’t be afraid of curves, but it is an interesting look!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-16

wow...that has Ami written all over it!