Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Health   Off-Topic Chat

Started May-11 by MelRN; 752 views.
MelRN

May-11

Ok, so the last couple weeks I've been having serious BP issues. Stroke level, head pain, dizzy, eyes blurry, etc. Have had 2 doc appts, and medically they're trying to get it down with me, but it seriously makes me almost immobile when I'm home...it hurts to move. If you're a pray-er, pls pray!

In reply toRe: msg 1
CC (ccase5)

May-11

so sorry to hear you feel so poorly. Yes prayers done for you. Will keep you in my prayers as others will do also. think Calm and get lots or rest. Your Doctors will come up with something soon I"m sure. (())
Suze (casuzenn)

May-11

so sorry you are having this issue Mel...

Hope your doctors find  the cause soon and fix it..

Sending prayers....

(I have a strange BP issue...if you test on my right side,  its way higher than my left...what is up with that?)

Mel so sorry about your BP. Will be praying they can figure out the cause and treat it. Also that you feel better really soon.

MelRN

May-11

Thank you :) 

MelRN

May-11

Suze, only think I can think of is to ask: have you had issues with peripheral edema on that side? Have you had breast work, such  as mammectomy or lumpectomy? That can cause that issue. Or a previous stroke affecting one side...

MelRN

May-11

Thank you! Did see a doc and he doubled my BP meds, and I'm supposed to "take it easy" LOL!!! 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Suze (casuzenn)

May-11

I have more edema on the low blood pressure side...I do have a 'Patent Foramen Ovale' (PFO) in my heart - that was what saved me when I had my PE 10 years ago ....

never had a stroke that I know of nor any breast work..

Hope doubling your BP meds works....and please...do 'take it easy'....

MelRN

May-12

Edema can cause that too. Wow, a patent Foramen Ovale? That's so unusual! I'd be curious to know what all problems that caused throughout your life.

"take it easy" is hard! But w/the really high bp, it's very hard to do anything, cause your head rushes, and feels like it's swelling out of your body.

In reply toRe: msg 9
Suze (casuzenn)

May-12

MelRN said:

the really high bp, it's very hard to do anything, cause your head rushes, and feels like it's swelling out of your body.

that sounds yucky!!! 

Dunno what all the PFO has caused...its supposedly on the small size, but it was large enough to have blood clots go skipping thru which saved me from a heart attack when I had the PE...and fortunately, they took the 'correct' turn when they reached the other side of my heart and went down my left arm instead of up into my head which would have been a stroke...