Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ami's amazing quilting   Show and Tell

Started May-22 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 969 views.

I had started this applique project the summer of 2010, finished it several years ago but put the top away because I was afraid I'd ruin it with my quilting.  Ami expressed some interest in quilting it for me so I sent it to her.

The quilting is so amazing.  She did double batting and the applique poofed up wonderfully.  I keep walking by and touching it, noticing new surprises.

Here is the back where you can see the quilting on the corners and in the blue part better.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-22

**WOW**.

That is *amazing*.   Her attention to detail and overall esthetics is terrific.  All the designs that she thought of or chose to quilt just seem to fit together perfectly.  What a beautiful job .. both your gorgeous applique and the quilting.  Wow.

Midkid5

May-22

Absolutely beautiful both quilt and quilting.  Do you have a plan for displaying it?

Jo

LindaPutt

May-22

Just beautiful Dee!  Your quilt looks so intricate and the quilting kicks it over the top.  It is just beautiful!!!

judyinohio

May-22

Absolutely awesome!  The applique work and the quilting together are just stunning. Looks like a blue ribbon quilt to me.

This is a quilt that should be entered in a quilt show where they have a dual entry category: "Pieced By" one person and "Quilted By" another.

bornblesse2

May-22

Wow!  Simply stunning,  great work.

Re display I have a couple ofpossibilities, but have to bind it first.

I have to say you sent me such a beautiful well sewn top that made it so much fun to do some intricate design work on. It was fun watching the top evolve as I worked on the quilting.

Suze (casuzenn)

May-23

Gorgeous...both the applique and the quilting!

viola (sissly4)

May-23

That is beautiful  Dee.I love your Applique.And Ami did a beautiful job quilting it.