Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

When you have to RIP-IT   General Discussion

Started Jun-3 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 388 views.

Do you have one of these Fiskars seam rippers, or have you ever seen it before?  I had never seen one until today.  Well, only online.  Looks like it could be a good alternative for some who have wrist pain when holding a regular seam ripper.  It's not too costly, so I'm going to buy one on Amazon and check it out.  Always good to have some other alternatives.  (I sure do like my table-top thread cutter for when I am chain piecing.)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12F-iMwuWI 

MelRN

Jun-4

I've never seen it! :D Looks cool. I do like the purple one that's a blade to help cut pieces apart.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Yes, that's the one I have, and I also have another similar one that looks like a flower.  

have you seen this one to cut threads between chain stitching, you use old rotary cutter blades which kind of appeals to me. 

Yes, that's the one I was telling Mel about.  I have the older dark purple one and got one of the flower ones last year.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-4

wow...that is interesting!  a 'third hand' solution...

MelRN

Jun-5

I hadn't seen that one; thanks for sharing!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-5

Interesting.  Hadn't seen it before.  Let me know how you like it.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-9

That is very clever!  The ability to suction it down to a surface really allows you to zoom!

Eta:  I read the customer reviews on Amazon for this and it rates a 4/5 because some folks could not get the suction cup to stay onto their work surface.  Hmmm...  will have to remember that.