Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cute idea to use up jelly roll scraps   General Discussion

Started Jun-4 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 193 views.

This site has a free pattern called "Nines in the Middle Jelly Roll Quilt."  There are very detailed instructions for cutting each strip to size, but I don't think all that measuring is really necessary.  This is simple enough to do freestyle.  It would be a good pattern to use up a lot of 2.5 inch strips and not have to purchase a new jelly roll - unless you just want to.  (But if you're like me, you have a few unopened ones in your stash.  haha)  I *would* make all the little 9-patches the same, so they would tie it all together.  And also stick with a solid background, whether muslin, black, white, gray, etc.  I would have fun making it scrappy, just pulling out a bunch of my 2.5 inch strips, chopping them up into various lengths, and sewing them back together end-to-end.  There's no right or wrong way to arrange the strips, as long as they are kinda staggered like in the photo, with the 9-patches inserted randomly.  It looks like it would be fun to make.   JMO.

https://my.modafabrics.com/2016/01/nines-in-the-middle-jelly-roll-quilt.html?SSAID=1337193 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-4

That *is* easy enough to do without a formal pattern and cute looking, too!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-5

I like this one.  Couldn't use my strips of varying widths, but sure could use one of my jelly rolls.