Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Attaching photos   General Discussion

Started Jun-11 by sueinIL; 892 views.
sueinIL

Jun-13

Judy, I have 5 Kindles.  Not bragging, just testifying to how useful they are for me.  The earliest one, I now use only for Bible readings in the evening.  One of the next ones is in my bathroom; I use it for Amazon music.  One loses a charge so quickly I don't use it much.  The other two I keep in the TV room for browsing and email/facebook and I usually take the newest one on trips for taking photos--it's great for that and has a good editing program. I also use those two for downloading and reading books. I take those two with me to visit grandsons and they like the games on Kindle even though they both have ipads.  There really isn't much the Kindles can't do, except, obviously, upload photos to this message board!  Amazon often has good prices on their kindles.  I won't buy a 10" because that would decrease the portability for me.  I find the 8" with 64g is just fine.

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Jun-13

One can browse the internet on one's Kindle? There may be use for mine again! I gave up for now. can't download anymore from my Library. They did away with the Kindle option and I never understood their answer. But internet on it might help me a lot. i don't ever log in on my phone because Google does idiotic things to my phone then. Ya'll have fun!!
sueinIL

Jun-13

Yes, you can "surf the net"!  I have amazon-- can buy things and watch movies there--Netflix, Spotify, Pinterest, ABC, NBC, CBS, just about everything.  

Sue in IL

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-13

Thanks so much Sue!  Your post is very helpful.  I, too, have a very early Kindle my DH gave me for my birthday many yeas ago.  He even preloaded the book I was reading at the time!  It's battery doesn't last long either and I did download the Kindle reader on my laptop but I don't read on there much as my laptop is bulky.  I think I'll talk to DH about getting, well... asking for, a Kindle Fire for my later summer bday.  Maybe he'll encourage me to order it now as we are traveling to our CO place at the end of this week. 

I so appreciate your help in thinking this through!

In reply toRe: msg 15
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-13

Thanks for that quote.  That is true for windows but most PC users still run DOS as it is much faster to do many commands and run many other programs via DOS.  Just sayin'.  I'm not trying to have a discussion about which is better PC vs Apple.  I just wanted to say some of us use and prefer one over the other.  I'm glad Apple works well for you so well!!

sueinIL

Jun-13

Judy, I think Amazon is having a Prime Day in a week or so.  You might be able to get a great price for a new Kindle.

Sue in IL

Mishii

Jun-13

It depends on the type of kindle you have. I specifically have an ereader. They are designed to be like a paper book. The page color and type is different (muted?) so you don’t get the eye fatigue like you do on a tablet.  It is like reading a real book.  Black and white only. 

Other kindles are tablets with internet and colors and all the things. 

CC (ccase5)

Jun-14

Thanks much. I think mine is Kindle Paperwhite. sounds right. I've had it two years or more. Will look into it more since it will take a bit to charge it now. CC
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-16

Thanks Sue. When I got home from my day with my mom and sister my DH gave me a box. Turns out after I asked him about how he used his Kindle and we talked about what I might do with one. Then he sneakily ordered one for me and said Happy Birthday early! Now I need to learn how to use it!