Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Attaching photos   General Discussion

Started Jun-11 by sueinIL; 959 views.
sueinIL

Jun-12

JDO, your method is the same as what I do, but I can only use a camera for the initial photo.  Seems there should be an easier way.  I'm just gonna have to work on it. Thanks!

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Jun-12

I will do that.   I don't have a spiffy new phone, so it may take some time. Thank you for your encouragement!

Sue in IL

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-12

Sue,

If I may ask...  what Kindle do you use?  When we travel by plane I hate to have to ask DH to carry m laptop along with his.  His backpack gets so heavy!
Thanks!
Judy

In reply toRe: msg 2
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-12

MelRN said...

ctrl if you have to use PC

Or if you GET to use a PC/DOS based computer!  

;-)  

MelRN

Jun-12

Hahah! Ain't nobody got time for that! :P (j/k)

MelRN

Jun-12

PS...DOS went away decades ago. I missed it forever cause I had everything memorized...but eventually I got used to the newer ways. #OldCodger

In reply toRe: msg 12
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-12

MelRN said...

DOS went away decades ago. I missed it forever cause I had everything memorized...but eventually I got used to the newer ways. #OldCodger

I need to disagree with you about that.  DOS still very much exists and that is the main difference between the Apple and PC platforms.   I think you are referring to the GUI (Graphical User Interface) that makes it so easy for many of us to use our computer devices.  PCs run DOS and Apples run Linux.  

sueinIL

Jun-13

Judy, I have 5 Kindles.  Not bragging, just testifying to how useful they are for me.  The earliest one, I now use only for Bible readings in the evening.  One of the next ones is in my bathroom; I use it for Amazon music.  One loses a charge so quickly I don't use it much.  The other two I keep in the TV room for browsing and email/facebook and I usually take the newest one on trips for taking photos--it's great for that and has a good editing program. I also use those two for downloading and reading books. I take those two with me to visit grandsons and they like the games on Kindle even though they both have ipads.  There really isn't much the Kindles can't do, except, obviously, upload photos to this message board!  Amazon often has good prices on their kindles.  I won't buy a 10" because that would decrease the portability for me.  I find the 8" with 64g is just fine.

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Jun-13

One can browse the internet on one's Kindle? There may be use for mine again! I gave up for now. can't download anymore from my Library. They did away with the Kindle option and I never understood their answer. But internet on it might help me a lot. i don't ever log in on my phone because Google does idiotic things to my phone then. Ya'll have fun!!