Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Happy Birthday to Mishii   General Discussion

Started Jun-14 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 326 views.

I can't wait to see what she makes with her birthday present.  Yay!  

judyinohio

Jun-14

It is indeed wonderful when a person is of an age when she has the gumption to buy the perfect gift for herself.

Happy birthday, youngster, and stitch yourself silly with your new "toy".

Be sure and share what your first masterpiece will be.

In reply toRe: msg 1

Hope you get tons of fun with your gift, happy birthday!

In reply toRe: msg 3
Mishii

Jun-14

Thanks all but it’s not my birthday. According to Facebook I was born June 14, 1927. Damn, I look good

In reply toRe: msg 4
MelRN

Jun-15

Mishii said...

. According to Facebook I was born June 14, 1927.

LOL!!! Yes, I was like, "You look great for 94!! :P "

In reply toRe: msg 4
judyinohio

Jun-15

So ..... if it is truly not your birthday, why did Jonna think it was your birthday?

I'm confused.

Mishii

Jun-15

judyinohio said:

So ..... if it is truly not your birthday, why did Jonna think it was your birthday?

Facebook says it is. I’m not allowed to change it. 

KSCarolyn

Jun-15

How come you guys know what she got for her nonbirthday and I don't?  Nowhere in this thread does it say what she got.  Inquiring minds need to know.

Carolyn

In reply toRe: msg 7
judyinohio

Jun-15

Ahhh ... then that's another reason for people to not trust the gibberish they read on Facebook.

Possibly boring story coming. We built our empty-nester dream home in 1996 using a company called Deck House to supply all pieces and parts (except for kitchen sinks and such which were purchased locally.) DS also owns a Deck House in Maryland.

Fast forward to 2006 or thereabouts and DS tells us about a private Facebook group for Deck House owners that is full of interesting tales about Deck Houses for sale, etc.

My DH is very eager to read these stories. A friend tells me that it is possible to join Facebook under an assumed identity and thus DH will be happy and I can avoid exposure to DSIL and some long lost cousins that I do not wish to "see" or read about on Facebook. Later I learn I can join polymer clay groups under this fictitious identity as well.

So my  schizo self was out there claying for four years until I gave up the polymer clay hobby.

DH has never posted a message on the Deck House group, remains a lurker. I don't know that a birthday has ever been offered or imagined.

You don't have to give your birthday at all on FB.  I made mine private a few years ago.  "They" already know all about you anyway, you know.  You would be surprised what anyone can find out about you in a public records search.  Yikes!