Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Best Little Store in Weatherford   General Discussion

Started Jun-28 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 258 views.

Hi, Dee.  I just now got home from the family reunion weekend.  At the end there was a little car problem that I had to find out about on Monday, so I didn't get back on Sunday like I thought I would.  But back now.  And one of my family members told me to go check out the Gibson's store on Main Street near the Parker County Courthouse.  OH-EM-GEE, they have the BEST little fabric department!  I'm sure you must have been there a few times.  Don't you love it?  

We also went to the big Greenwood Cemetery because some of our ancestors are buried there - and we also visited the graves of Mary Martin and the real men that "Lonesome Dove" was based on.  I was not that familiar with Weatherford before, and now I want to go back and see more.  But next year, we will likely have our reunion in Georgia.  Wow!  

Of course, I *meant* to send this to you, Dee, but the first time it went to ALL.  But you're the only one who would know what I am talking about.  LOL  

I do love it!  I've mentioned Gibsons here a few tiimes - it is a wonderful old fashioned kind of place and I love their fabric department.  LQS quality but a few dollars less than your typical LQS.  When I first discovered them they were charging about $6 per yd but a few years ago when cotton prices jumped they did raise it.  Still less than the normal LQS prices.  AND they always have some interesting novelties. smile

Weatherford is a great town, actually bigger than you would think.  And people are pretty friendly - kind of how you feel about San Angelo.

There used to be a Gibson's store in Irving a LONG time ago, even bigger than that one.  The sign was exactly the same.  I didn't think there were even any Gibson's stores open anymore.  I think their fabric selection is MUCH better than Hobby Lobby, and all the fabric was LQS quality.  I need to go back sometime when I have more time to check out the rest of the store, and with more time to fondle more of the fabric.  haha  I was looking for very small-scale novelties, and they had plenty of those.  They also have the biggest selection of Loralie fabrics that I have seen anywhere.  And a pretty nice selection of batiks too.