Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Reverse applique table topper with looped corded binding   Show and Tell

Started Jun-29 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 367 views.

I decided this thing deserved it's own post.  The pattern is from Eye of the Beholder - wonderful place for reverse applique patterns.  It looked so cool when the applique was done I wanted to do something special to finish.  And Ami suggested the looped cords that Sharon Schamber has done on some of her award winners.  So here is my effort.  I did say a few bad words turning all those cords.  And blessed the fact that this thing is small.  But really it didn't take as long as you would think.  A couple of evenings to do the cords and a couple more to pin and sew.  Seriously I agonized more over figuring out how to get the octagon sides aligned and the same length.  It was kind of agonizing to cut the extra off - but then I decided no one but me would ever notice that one side was 1/4" longer than the other seven.  The purple fabric is not as bright as it looks in the photos, it's really a bit more burgundy wine colored.  But with the gold still pretty "royal" looking.

and yes that is Ranger watching me - but only because he was mad were we gone all day today moving SD back home after graduating.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-30

magnificent! it looks really good on your table

judyinohio

Jun-30

That is absolutely breathtaking .... the most awesome "doily" for a table that I have ever seen.

(Ranger adds the perfect touch to the photo because he lets me know the size of the table and the work of art.)

Yep that is the perfect finish!!!! I have always wanted to do one but never made a project that I thought would need one. Then you showed your project and I knew that finish would look amazing and you did it................fantastic! I think Ranger is trying to decide if he needs to make a closer inspection of it.

CC (ccase5)

Jun-30

had to pop in here to say that is Gorgeous!! kitty seems to love it too. Hmmmmm.
bornblesse2

Jun-30

Dee, that is gorgeous!  I would never attempt that, but love when my friends post pics of the lovely stuff they are doing!

(I have been doing more Dear Jane blocks with applique on them. Needle turn kind…)

In reply toRe: msg 2

thanks everyone.  It didn't start out to be so elaborate.  Mostly I just wanted to try another needle turn.  I do enjoy these long term projects that grow into something unexpected.  And thanks for your ideas/ suggestions & encouragement.  Such a fun part of quilting.

Mishii

Jun-30

That is beautiful!  The edge is perfect. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-1

This looks very "Royal".  That edge looks quite difficult. I doubt I would have the patience.  Looks great on your table.