Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Orange AND Pink together   General Discussion

Started Jun-30 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 390 views.

Saw this on my Texas quilters FB page, and thought of the ongoing orange and pink banter here.  I'm not a huge fan of either, but thought this quilt really turned out stunning.

judyinohio

Jul-1

Ouch! stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

It makes my eyes hurt! The person who stitched these blocks must have worn sunglasses to cope with the brightness.  LOL

I think that is stunning! There is no bad color, you just have to put the right colors next to each other to get them to look good and yes pink and orange works so well, after all that is the colors of sunrise and sunset! Had the most amazing sunset here in New Mexico here last night!

it does kind of make your eyes jump around doesn't it.

judyinohio

Jul-1

Living near the Great Lakes we believe in "red sky at night, sailor's delight, red sky at morning, sailor take warning". 

(That's shorter than saying "pink and orange sky" ... lol)

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jul-1

I made ONE quilt block using hot pink and orange together.  Decided one was enough and I'd go blind if I did a whole quilt that way.

latterberry

Jul-2

judyinohio said:

ed sky at night, sailor's delight, red sky at morning, sailor take warning". 

My mom used to say that all the time.

judyinohio

Jul-2

That's one thing moms had right.  LOL 

It was a good weather forecasting saying here in the midwest.