Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Star quilt in progress   General Discussion

Started Jul-7 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 470 views.

I think I want to add some applique in the corners.  Would flowers look weird?  I want to stay with red/white/blue.

pattern is Whirlwind Star by Diane's Native American Star quilts.

Midkid5

Jul-7

I think wild flowers would look okay.  Beautiful quilt, you sure seem to be getting a lot more quilting done theses days.  Maybe it’s just that you have time to post these days and you didn’t in the past

Jo

thanks Jo.  I am getting more done because I am not working 50-60 hours a week and commuting an additional hour.  Lots more time with only working 20 hours and no driving.  Lots happier too.  Really loving being semi-retired.

judyinohio

Jul-7

Somehow the idea of clay baskets or jars popped into my brain .... pottery of some sort.

But don't know if those items would be in red, white and blue.

I poked around on pintrest and found this leaf pattern.  I'm leaning toward this - the applique itself wouldn't be too hard.  and I like the semi-geometric look. and it wouldn't look strange in dark blue where flowers might.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-7

that certainly looks like a viable consideration.

Would you also be thinking about the geometric border treatment?