Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How many quilts do you own   General Discussion

Started Jul-7 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 341 views.

Jonna's recent post got me to thinking, just how many quilts do I have in my house that I've made.  Excluding the ones I am donating and the unquilted tops, I counted 40 .  Add my son's 3 quilts and my kids two baby quilts.  Makes 45.  4 unquilted tops and 10 donations.  Now I'm up to 54.  A decent number.

I have no idea, can't count because lots of them are packed up :)

CC (ccase5)

Jul-7

I've given most of mine away over the years. i may have about 10 maybe..
judyinohio

Jul-7

When I asked DH for a guess about how many of my quilts lurked in various rooms of this house he said (with no hesitation) "Dozens!" 

The old coot doesn't miss a trick. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

I wandered around with a small tablet of paper and a pen and came up with:

Master bedroom and bath: eight (one on bed, six piled on a bench in bedroom and one on wall in bath)

DD's bedroom: ten (one on bed plus there are two quilt ladders leaning against two walls)

DS's bedroom: three piled on bed

Living/dining rooms: three (one each on recliner chairs and one on dining area wall)

Basement: two on bed and thirteen on walls

Sewing room: nineteen (one on chair, eight folded up on bookcase shelves, eight small color wheels,  one wall hanging, one fat quilted pillow).

One work in progress on design wall which was not counted because it is merely a work in progress and I might die of boredom before it is finished.  Also one sixteen patch project which is also a work in progress ...

Grand total of finished things lurking in this house is 58.

Grand total of things given away is unknown because of the twelve years of working with Project Linus.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-7

are you counting 'quilty' objects, like bags, pillows or fabric sculptures? And are they just made by me or do things made by others count?

I lost count at 83... I think there are still more though...

if its just wall hangings, table runners and lap or bed quilts...the number is less.. ~60ish...

latterberry

Jul-8

I guess we all probably have more than we realize.  I'm starting to give some of mine away.  That way I know who got them and save my kids from wondering what to do with all of them.  

I can't remember where I read it or heard it, but someone said when you have a top done but it's not yet quilted, attach a note saying who you intended to give it to anyway, so some of those decisions are already made.  Sometimes a quilter's friends will step up and quilt those tops after s/he dies (not all, just the ones she has earmarked), but if not, the recipient can always have it quilted later - but at least they will end up with the intended recipient.  

NanaSuz

Jul-8

Juliet, I think that is a great suggestion. I will keep that in mind as I make special quilts. 

I'm beginning a quilt for my oldest grand daughter soon for graduation next spring. I hope to see it completed, but you never know.

Take care,

NanaSuz

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jul-8

How many quilts do I have in my house?  Not enough!

Cris in MT