Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

friend request?   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Jul-13 by latterberry; 470 views.
latterberry

Jul-13

Have any of you gotten a friend request from someone on Delphi forums?  I had an email that some "daviddonald"  had visited my forum profile and would like to become friends.  It came from Delphi and no- I didn't open the link, but it did give me the creeps.  

viola (sissly4)

Jul-13

Yes I did also but did not open it.We have to be careful now days.

judyinohio

Jul-13

I opened it and his photo shows he is a grandpa-type creep indeed. He's obviously a member of some forum somewhere that he can get away with such behavior.

At least he thinks I'm pretty. Must really be desperate for company.

Don't think there is much we can do about it.

Pamjr

Jul-13

I would have thought, if they were REALLY from one of your groups, they would have posted to you in the group first. I have a friend who is always getting "friend" requests on facebook from some middleaged guy in the military. Creppy.

latterberry

Jul-13

Some people just have too much time on their hands!

sueinIL

Jul-14

Not from here specifically, but I've been asked to become a "friend" to a lot of people lately, whom I have never heard of before! And have been sent confirmations for things I haven't ordered or for payments I haven't made! I just don't open them anymore.  DH is the gullible one in the family, and he ends up spending a lot of time on the phone with Visa or our local bank. It's scary to think how much trouble we (collectively speaking) can get in to with one misguided click of the mouse.

Sue in IL

latterberry

Jul-15

I know--it's scary..    I don't click on a thing.  I have a cousin who is quite gullible and got in all sorts of trouble.  

Kay Ahr (KayAhr65)

Jul-21

Probably not his own photo either.  That's just to make you think he is some innocent sweeties around the same age.