Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Purchased in a Fit of Temporary Insanity   General Discussion

Started Jul-15 by judyinohio; 1096 views.
judyinohio

Jul-15

Those of you who have followed some of my postings on this forum know that I love making small fabric color wheels to hang on the walls of my sewing room and other places. (Eight or nine at last count, some are in my basement and a few are at DD's house.)

While I was shopping online at the Fabric Shack the other day for the background fabric for my scrappy sixteen patcher project I fell madly in love with a fabric that vaguely resembles a color wheel that had an accident with an asphalt roller ... you know, one of those big steam roller things that smear out the asphalt when they are paving a new highway.

Don't believe that description?

Take a look ...  isn't it smeared?

I just LOVED the colors in this fabric and so I impulsively order two yards of it.

Now the BIG QUESTION IS ....what am I going to do with this beautiful chunk of glorious cotton???!!???!

Oh, I did find a fabric to use as the background for my sixteen patcher. LOL

ooo, that is very nice.  I'm sure something will come up eventually.  If you cut on the diagonal it would make nice binding on your orange quilt.

CC (ccase5)

Jul-15

Oh i for one of many know without a doubt that you will come up with something fabulous for that fabric!!! I will sit here and bite my nails awhile thinking of what is going through your mind!
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-15

oooo!   I like that!  

It's the sort of fabric I'd think of using whole because almost any way you cut it up would diminish it.   Unless ...... is it possible to cut up along the columns, where the orange? hot pink? stripe is?  Then, you could possibly use it as a border.  Hmmm.  For such a bold pattern, you'd need a large quilt to accommodate the wide border of such "hot" colors?  The amount you have might not be enough to border a large quilt.  You better return and buy more.  :-)

bornblesse2

Jul-15

I love that!  What a terrific backing…..

or use big blocks of it in a BQ pattern…..there are a lot of those patterns and they use big blocks of fabrics!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-15

oooo-eeee...that is some fabric!

I am sure one of these suggestions will peak your interest!

or.. you could just continue to pet it...

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jul-15

That is really gorgeous!  If I'd purchased it, it would become a fabric that when asked what I was going to do with it, I'd reply, "Just owning it is enough."

I'm sure you're going to make ingenious for/with it.

Cris in MT

Judy that is some spectacular fabric!!!! You could fussy cut pieces of all the colors and piece another colorwheel quilt. Or you could just put it up on the design wall and admire it.

latterberry

Jul-16

Oh, that is glorious!  No suggestions here, but I know you will come up with something.  Let it age a bit and something will pop up to be just the right thing.