Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I love Etsy but...   General Discussion

Started Jul-31 by MelRN; 383 views.
MelRN

Jul-31

I can't stand how it loves to "pop up" little messages on the side about how you should buy now, limited quantity, etc (for something you may have saved in your cart). Anyone else driven nuts by this?!

In reply toRe: msg 1
judyinohio

Jul-31

I never save anything in my cart so that has never happened to me.

When I go to Etsy I go to buy something for a specific reason (like a need a new purse or a birthday gift for someone) and that's the end of my visit. I guess my only suggestion would be to stop saving things in your cart.

Guess we have different shopping styles. 

I know I don't like to browse in a regular store. LOL  When it was time for my DD to shop for a dress for her prom (decades ago) she asked her dad to go with her because he's a much better shopper than I am. He was happy to wander the stores in our mall and wait while she tried on dresses and I was happy to let him take on that job. Me, I would have encouraged her to buy the first dress she tried on.  LOL

In reply toRe: msg 1
CC (ccase5)

Jul-31

I am now driven nuts by everything. Lately when on my phone and just trying to read things on the Internet, i keep being forced to opt for cookies from everyone or subscribe to silly newspapers. No choice. do it or don't read. and shops keep putting pop ups in front of my eyes while i'm trying to shop. I usually just give up. my son said the government passed something that gives companies rights to do cookies as a tracking thing. They have been doing that for a long time. customers have no rights now. just don't buy i guess. That will show em'. Well I hope so anyway.
i just opted out on buying a bolt of fabric because i thought it was free shipping. only if i got 45 wide cuts. Oh well, not buying again. I may be able to pay my bills this way......
judyinohio

Jul-31

Sounds like you might have the wrong kind of phone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MelRN

Aug-1

LOL!!! I like to put things I like or am thinking about in it. Later, I decide what I want. Sometimes, I leave it there a long time as I think about it.

In reply toRe: msg 5
judyinohio

Aug-1

Yep, you and I have totally different shopping styles.

For example, in my  working days I would go to JC Penney's and look for navy blue dress slacks. If they didn't have navy blue dress slacks in my size I would leave the store and go home. Period. End of shopping excursion for that day.

DH on the other hand would go to the men's department and "just look around". He would want to see "what's new" this month.

Hint. He was voted the "best dressed" in his high school's senior class of 1959.

Good thing he went to high school in Ohio while I went to high school in New York and thus we never knew each other in those days. I probably would not have been able to stand him. LOL  I met him after his days of looking good were over ....

MelRN

Aug-1

I typically don't go meandering in real stores. It's just that I don't like to spend too much money online :P