Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

After Twelve Years I Had to Buy a New Computer .....   Off-Topic Chat

Started Aug-7 by judyinohio; 2302 views.
judyinohio

Aug-7

My beloved desktop iMac finally developed a serious "hairball" (to speak in kitty-cat terms) and would not display conversations on the forum. Weird problem, eh? (It would show everything except comments posted by members and, my golly, what is a forum without our lively comments?)

So ... my 2009 iMac had to be replaced.

Now this old quilter has to learn a few new tricks but in between doing that I am taking time to work on the reds and neutrals quilt and slowly making progress. At least now I will be able to read comments anyone wants to make on the sixteen blocks that are stitched together in the upper left corner of this photo.  Sixteen blocks together, twenty-six more blocks to go.

And now I have a "screenshot button" to click PLUS I have oodles of emoticon buttons to play with in emails. (I even have an orangutan icon I can use to pester my DD with in our emails!)

MelRN

Aug-7

I just replaced my 2012 one too. Love your strip quilt.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-7

OMG, Judy!  Those are so beautiful!

Cris in MT

judyinohio

Aug-7

Started stitching on this thing on May 15th; it has seemed like a long, long boring road I've been on to get to this point where I have something pretty starting to shape up on the design wall. unamused

It's only because I'm a stubborn old fool that I haven't given up.

In reply toRe: msg 2
judyinohio

Aug-7

New computers do have a lot of enhancements, don't they? 

But as I feared, I lost a fair number of photos in the transition. Not that any of them were terribly important ... but it is annoying.

Ah, well, bit and bytes just got scrambled in the move.

Judy you are making great progress on your string quilt. As for me I am still painting...........currently kitchen cabinets, one more coat tomorrow on the doors and those will be done, then to work on the cabinets themselves. DH is here this weekend and is currently applying the primer coat on that part.

Mishii

Aug-7

I absolutely adore this quilt. 

MelRN

Aug-7

Lost pictures--I feel your pain. Were you around back in Webshots world? They closed and I didn't read emails...lost pictures of a few hundred quilts that were dated and etc. :( 

Midkid5

Aug-7

It’s going to be a beautiful quilt.  Nothing wrong with taking time to enjoy the process.

I hope your new computer does not cause you much frustration.  My new phone is causing me much frustration, 3G to 5G.

Jo

judyinohio

Aug-7

My arms, shoulders and back are aching for you, Ami.  I know you are younger and stronger than I am but I am still having sympathy pains on your behalf.  weary  I moved enough in my younger years to remember the unending labor involved in getting a house ready ....