Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What size?   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Sep-18 by latterberry; 462 views.
latterberry

Sep-18

I'm working on some small quilts to donate to the cancer center for their chemo patients.  I've donated there before but never really thought about the sizes of the quilts.  What size would you recommend?  Big enough to cover but not too big to get in the way of things.  I'm really short, so if it seems big enough to me, it may not be big enough for a taller person.  

judyinohio

Sep-18

Too big would be a better choice.

Patients probably get chilled while undergoing treatment and appreciate the protection a quilt offers from air conditioning breezes .....

MelRN

Sep-18

judyinohio said...

Patients probably get chilled while undergoing treatment and appreciate the protection a quilt offers from air conditioning breezes

You are SO right! At the nursing homes, some patients have their heaters on, even when it's 80 outside. I made some lap quilts for them sometimes. :) 

CC (ccase5)

Sep-25

I like them fairly long and slightly wide. if a short person, they can fold them. twice the warmth, but if a tall person, the quilt will cover them up to the chin if necessary. I am cold all the time. almost!
tuckyquilter

Sep-25

A group I sew with makes quilts for three Women's Oncology Centers.  They like them at least about 50" x  60", and some we make twin size.  

latterberry

Sep-26

That' kind of what I thought too.  Thanks.

latterberry

Sep-26

Sounds kind of what I though too.  Thanks.