Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Finally went to a quilt group meeting   General Discussion

Started Oct-11 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 463 views.

I finally went to an "official" monthly meeting of the local "Hanging By A Thread Quilt Group" tonight.  We met at the Shriner's Temple, which has a nice, big meeting room.  The Shriners is also the organization to whom they donate most of their charity quilts.  The quilts will go to patients at the Shriner's Hospitals in Houston and Galveston.  Actually, I believe the Houston and Galveston Shriner's Hospitals are merging this year, and it will be called "Shriners Hospitals for Children - Texas."  A very worthy cause.  Tonight, the HBAT group brought 77 quilts to donate.  I need to get busy!  

I know some of you do not "do" Facebook, but if you do, you can go to their page and see a brief video showing all the donated quilts.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/452850925061684 

I am gradually getting to know more of the members, and it's a very nice group.  Very informal, and NOT a guild, but several very talented quilters.    

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-12

Link is to a private group...so can't see the video.

Sounds like a great group.

judyinohio

Oct-12

We would have to join the group to see anything.

Well, phooey.  I hate when they do that.  I can tell you, there were some lovely quilts.  And 77!  

Next time I will take my own video.  Hah!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-6

Sounds like a delightful group and I'm sure they are going to enjoy you more of a part of it!!