Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 56546 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

11/5/21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

I think DJ will enjoy Huntsville.  It has a space center that is pretty neat.

Thanks.  He is very excited to be working there and found a great place to rent.  He called us this morning to say he finally made it through the personal and security checks and they sent him the official letter and packet.  He had a week or so to do so but he told us he electronically signed it shortly after reading through everything.  He was surprised to learn they will pay (with receipts) his moving expenses.  That will help us ship his CA stuff from here (via PODS) to him and also to pay for his one way air ticket back after coming home for Christmas! 

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/5/21

keddykat75 said...

I wish I could come, but we are moving to Henderson, NV in January and at retreat time we will still be in upheaval.

Oh my!  And you two just went through packing and moving.  I guess that's a good way to make sure you don't accumulate too much extra stuff.  Even now I'm dreading what we will need to downsize and get rid of on this end before we go to CO.

You will be missed a lot at the retreat!

Suze (casuzenn)

11/5/21

wow...and after all the work you just put into your last house..

should be interesting in Nevada though...Henderson is growing like crazy.

keddykat75

11/5/21

Can you believe that it has been almost two years since we moved?  We are selling most everything and will put the rest in storage until we lazed in a house there. We are looking forward to losing the winters. 

when do you plan on being in Colorado full time?

keddykat75

11/5/21

Yeah. Hopefully all that work will result In a good payout . The house has appreciated quite a bit. 

I am looking forward to a new challenge in Nevada. Everything is lining up perfectly so far. 

YDritch

11/5/21

keddykat75 said:

but we are moving to Henderson, NV in January

I don't know....one year you got married; this year you're moving....I'm beginning to think you just don't want to come to retreat!  Seriously, Henderson is a neat place.  Close to the bright lights but not in the middle of the craziness.  We have friends who live there and have visited a few times.  Best of luck with the new job and digs.  Selling your current lovely home should be a (profitable) breeze!

I was really looking forward to seeing you at retreat. You will be missed.

keddykat75

11/5/21

I know, I know, life gets in the way. I wish I could come. 

keddykat75

11/5/21

I was looking forward to seeing you too. 

bornblesse2

11/5/21

Oh wow Kathi!  Lots goin* on for you guys!

are the kids all doing well?