Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 56614 views.
In reply toRe: msg 478
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-22

Well...  we are in the midst of gaining a room!  DJ got his room and important stuff packed up and arranged a POD to take it all to Huntsville.  We helped pack it and added a few extra surprises...  like a life size Mr Spock he had in the back of a closet and that showed up in interesting places in our house (like MY shower to help wake me in the morning!*!*!??!).  So DH and I fixed his so he'd be standing in the roll up doorway as soon as DJ throws the door up to roll in open.  Mr Spock will be right at his height and right in his face!!  

Dang!  Sorry he's on his side.  Really he is standing!  And we took lots of childhood treasures and clothes to Savers and only saved a few special things.

I was shocked and amazed at the number of errant broken crayons/pencils/pens/erasers, Legos and Nerf darts we recovered under his bed/desk/trundle/drawers unit as well as the bottom of the closet.  DH solved the mystery of what happened to individual tools that *now we know* DJ "borrowed".  It has felt so good to do the remaining cleaning and disposition of the last stuff.  

So this afternoon I began taking some project boxes with contained future projects from my sewing room and put them on leftover shelves in one closet.  These were mostly piled just inside the doorway about 3.5' high.  The boxes on the bottom two shelves are some of my wool stash and a two Rebekah L Smith projects.  The upper shelves are other projects I could grab and place quickly to loosen up the work area in my sewing room.  It feels good but I never thought I would have accumulated this much stuff in the >20 years I've been quilting!?!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-22

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Well...  we are in the midst of gaining a room! 

YAAAAAY!    You are FINALLY getting a proper sized sewing room!  Oh hallelujah!!  And your (former) sewing room can become the guest bedroom ... big enough for a bed but small enough so that they don't stay too long!  LOL!

Midkid5

Jan-22

Oh, if only there would be a camera to capture his expression.

Judy, I do hope that you will take the time now that you have room to sort and thoughtfully consider your quilting supplies.  You will thank yourself when the time comes to pack for CO.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-22

Cathy, I'm mailing the Retreat balance to you today.   I finally noticed the note I posted on my computer monitor to remind me.  :-)

lppenguins

Jan-23

She’s so cute! I don’t know how you do it. I have my Sidney all day during the week. Toby and I share the duty and I can’t keep up. My sons going to come help out while I’m at retreat, and boy do I need some time off. Lol

lppenguins

Jan-23

I ordered mine too. Thanks for sharing the info!

lppenguins

Jan-23

Thanks, oh I was hoping not!  Here I sit at 5 am realizing the reason I went to Mulqueens was for the cream Kona for my blocks.
I came home with 2 yards of adorable fabric and 2 different kinds of straight pins but no Kona Cream. 
Well Ellen I guess I’ll be back down there to get the fabric. If you’re working Mo day, please don’t let me leave without that fabric. Tee heee

lppenguins

Jan-23

So happy to hear good news about Lindzey,

and so glad she has that adorable little girl to keep her grounded and focused on doing well. 

lppenguins

Jan-23

Oh gosh I know. I’ve only been working with wool for a few years and I have accumulated a lot!   My sister J is now getting into wool appliqué so I shared and she was so shocked (and delighted) I had such a stash.

bornblesse2

Jan-23

Laura,

I hope you see this before Monday!  If you are going to Mulqueens for Kona cream. Specifically….DONT!  Glendale Mulqueens doesn’t carry it, we carry Painters Pallet solid. You can order it online and either have it shipped or pick up at Glendale….

and last I looked, we didn’t have much in the way of light batiks.  I say look online before going!  I will be sorting Denise’s stash with Cathy and Carry on Monday.  …