Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No internet   General Discussion

Started Dec-15 by viola (sissly4); 510 views.
viola (sissly4)

Dec-15

I feel like I am back in the Amish Country I have no internet no TV I just now got a phone I've been without phone for four days

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-15

oh wow... I was wondering how you were doing. since seeing the pictures of the aftermath of that storm.

My street is still running on a portable generator - last Saturday a gopher caused a bunch of damage - took out a bunch of underground equipment and the power company has been working since then to  fix the lines.... then yesterday we had a huge rainstorm that took out the portable generator. They had to send out another generator and suck water out of the underground area that flooded.

One just does not realize how much we rely on electric power until it is gone!

Stay safe. Any estimate on when you will be all back to normal?

CC (ccase5)

Dec-15

this makes me wonder why everything must go electric????? doesn't make total sense. I know we want not to pollute but over loading our electrical grid is not a great idea. Hope everyone gets the help the need after that storm!

one of the local radio guys made the same point.  how would emergency vehicles get to where they are needed if the electrical grid is down. 

I hope you get all your things back up and running soon. The wind was blowing here on the front range all day and there are downed trees, a truck overturned up the road. Things were flying thru the air all day. The gusts were up to 90 mph at times. The base of the Rockies is known for this crazy wind.

viola (sissly4)

Dec-15

We still have no power they told my son is going to be a while I've got 60 quilts in my car then I'm donating tomorrow to Mayfield Kentucky I made them all since June I went through 30 yards of batting

it was blowing here today too though pretty sure the gusts weren't that high.  All the leaves we haven't raked are now down the street blush

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-15

I am sure those quilts will be a welcome warmth...60 is a whole bunch...wow..

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-16

Viola, I'm sure the people of Mayfield will be very grateful for your quilt donation, especially this time of the year.  It's cold and many have no power.  60 quilts in 6 months.  You have been busy.  Not sure I could do 60 in 6 years.

Just wow I’m impressed, that’s 10 quilts a month Vi. You are such a blessing to so many.