Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Puffer fish!   General Discussion

Started Jan-9 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 748 views.

Some of y'all will get a kick out of this.  I was doing a general "Google" to see if there might be any more of *that* puffer fish fabric out there anywhere for sale.  (I just googled on "puffer fish fabric," but a whole lot of other items besides fabric came up too.  What do you think was one of the very first results to pop up?  Pirate's Pufferfish Pillow ~ ! ~  But more amazing than that, there are now dozens of different kinds of puffer fish fabric - only they are the cute ones, not the ones with big human choppers.  LOL  There is obviously a cult following for puffer fish items these days.  So silly, but so fun.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-9

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

What do you think was one of the very first results to pop up?  Pirate's Pufferfish Pillow ~ ! ~ 

!!!!!!

Obviously the internet has discerning taste.  :-)z

That throw pillow sits proudly on my living room couch.  The couch is a gold color and the pillow coordinates so nicely with it.  My son-in-law turns the pillow face down every time they come to visit.  LOL!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-9

I found a puffer fish shower curtain!

judyinohio

Jan-9

Guaranteed to move the bowels (if someone needs assistance)

I like it!  It would take over my entire bathroom, but that would be OK.  LOL  

CC (ccase5)

Jan-10

Awww, poor son-in-law :)
In reply toRe: msg 8

Tonight at my quilt club's meeting, I showed them the ugly puffer fish fabric and told them the story, and I showed them how I used it on the back of my selvedge vest.  They laughed - I like to think in amusement - and a few even told me it was funny and entertaining.  And they didn't ask me to leave, so I guess either (1) they like it in kind of a perverse way, like a few others have done, or (2) they are willing to disregard it and let me join anyway.  Hah!