Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Does anyone have Edyta Sitar's book Patches of Blue?   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Jan-17 by sueinIL; 825 views.
sueinIL

Jan-17

There is one quilt I would like to know the name of.  It is a simple 9-patch with the middle diagonal row made of HSTs.  I like the scrappiness of it, and could probably make it from stash.  I don't want to order the book, just know the name of that one quilt.  Thanks!

Sue in IL

I looked at the book on Amazon, and there were several photos from the book, but I didn't see any that fit your description.  There was also a picture of the contents page with the names of the quilts.  Maybe you can figure it out from this?  Maybe you can "Look Inside" on the Amazon page and see the one you want.  https://www.amazon.com/Patches-Blue-Patterns-Gallery-Inspiring/dp/1604689102/####?crid=2GSOGNT4PN5QJ&cv_ct_cx=edyta+sitar&keywords=edyta+sitar&pd_rd_i=1604689102&pd_rd_r=666b1ca8-7913-49a5-9a06-f90f83c1b85f&pd_rd_w=g1BOM&pd_rd_wg=mPEcj&pf_rd_p=018d15f3-b990-4ca1-b96a-9b950c54dbdf&pf_rd_r=43VYZXSB5RN710X48QRN&qid=1642433958&s=books&sprefix=Edyta+Sitar%2Cstripbooks%2C140&sr=1-1-795edd5f-cc24-47c7-9173-701523fd4bcf 

bornblesse2

Jan-17

I love Edyta Sitars work, but I don’t have any of her books or patterns.  Sorry….

hope you figure it out.

sueinIL

Jan-17

Ellen, me, too!  The block is so simple, but en masse they are graceful and beautiful.

More research coming!

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Jan-17

Thank you, JDO!  I'll see if any of the names describe an image of the quilt.  More to come!

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Jan-17

JDO--I have been all over the Amazon listing, and can't find any "look inside." I looked over the contents page you supplied (thank you!) and could only guess that it might be Journey, because it does kind of look like flying geese. The picture I have is from Pinterest and it captured my interest right away. So simple and so beautiful!

Sue in IL

In reply toRe: msg 5
sueinIL

Jan-19

As it turns out, the name of the Edyta quilt I was searching for is "Journey." I'm going to see if it's also a single pattern so I don't have to buy the book.  Thank you to all who helped in the hunt.

Sue in IL

I found it online for $10 here, but didn't have time to look around on any other sites.  That's about standard for a quilt pattern these days -- much less than some.  It is a VERY nice pattern!

https://www.vintageandvogue.com/Journey-Quilt-Pattern-from-Edyta-Sitar-p/lbq-journey.htm 

judyinohio

Jan-19

That is a very lovely scrappy quilt to work up in one color.  Thanks for sharing it.

sueinIL

Jan-19

I like it, too.  It's going to mean cutting an infinite number of little squares and HSTs but I'm up for it.  My only complaint is that it wasn't an instant download.  I want it NOW!

Sue in IL