Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Everything Bagel of Quilts"   General Discussion

Started Jan-25 by judyinohio; 1368 views.
judyinohio

Jan-25

Donna Jordan's quilt pattern today is a cute way to use up all those odds and ends from your various jelly roll projects. As she was walking toward her cutting table she had the throwaway comment of "It's an everything bagel of quilts" which made me snicker.

Anyhow, here's the URL for her project for today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWekKVHdMms

It will make your fingers itch to get out your odds and ends of leftover pieces of jelly rolls, layer cakes and other precuts, no matter how mismatched they might be. The pattern could also be used for a jelly roll as it comes out of the package but I'm sure that some forum members have the "odd lots" basket of jelly roll remnants they could haul out for this pattern.

• Edited January 25, 2022 9:31 am  by  judyinohio

Not to mention other 2.5-inch strips we have cut from other fabric, FQs, etc. that are not WOF - I have many of those random 2.5 inch strips.    

ooo, that's a nice idea for an I spy - copying to my idea notebook.  Thanks!

judyinohio

Jan-25

You are most welcome.

Donna Jordan amazes me with her "bathtub quilts" as she calls them ... ideas that she says she comes up with and sketches as she is soaking in the bathtub. I think the woman's mind never rests ...

She's definitely a "Type A"!  

and she is so easy to listen to.  I do enjoy her videos and have marked many of her quilts (only made one so far).

Love her videos. I am making the double wedding ring she did some time back.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-25

Thanks Judy!  I've seen Jordan Fabrics at PIQF over the years but never check out their website.  Thanks for the kick to go look at it!  This really is a great way to use scraps!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-25

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said...

and she is so easy to listen to. 

Her voice is very warm and appealing.  Her presentation style and pacing as she speaks is also well done.  Not irritating and not boring!!