Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stick a Fork in it ... The "This is My Life" Quilt is Done   General Discussion

Started Apr-5 by judyinohio; 2261 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-9

*placemats*!  I adore making placemats!   Miniature quilts, instant gratification.  

You don't even NEED to make them all the same, especially if they are scrappy to begin with.

viola (sissly4)

Apr-10

I suggest the same thing like your friend Claudia said.My small quilts for C.P.Service or young mothers  out of wedlock have baby's. Their is much needs for them.

viola (sissly4)

Apr-10

With all my scrap's I am going to buy the book.I am going to the Paducah quilt show the 28 and 29. Two days to see it all in April.Maybe I will see Kelly Young their.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Apr-10

I'm glad you'll be joining me in quilting "small".

Cris in MT

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-10

What a wonderful idea!  I was sad when you said your quilting career was over.  You make such lovely quilts and fun ones too.  Moving to smaller quilts is a great idea.  My quilts for the last several years have been smaller but most bigger than wall hangings.  Can't wrestle with a big quilt any more.  Glad you are going in that direction.  That book looks interesting, especially if other blocks can compare with the one on the cover.

judyinohio

Apr-11

"Can't wrestle with a big quilt any more."

Yep, "wrestle" was the operative word .... quilt wrestling hurt my wrists for some time but then when the shoulder began to complain big time it was time to say "adios" to the large quilting game.

DH pointed out that I always seemed to be in a hurry when I worked on a large quilt as well. I replied I was in a hurry because I had a couple of other ideas I wanted to start working on. disappointed  He implied that maybe it was time to start slowing down with the Q ideas.

Just because he's a slow old fogey ..... stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

latterberry

Apr-12

Judy, I'm glad you are continuing on your quilting journey by working on smaller quilts.  You are a quilter heart and soul and I didn't believe you would/could give it up entirely.  I quit making bigger quilts some time ago because of the "wrestling" issues. My bigger nap quilts are quilt as you go which makes things easier.  Your DH is observant and right.  We get in a hurry to get one finished so that we can move on to the next idea.  

Grrr.... I have written this note four times now.  I get almost to the end and all of a sudden all text disappears. Gremlins?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-19

I'm enjoying working on the smaller quilts.  They actually get completed and don't add to my UFO list.

judyinohio

Apr-19

Thank you for the encouraging words.