Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

More optical illusion quilts   General Discussion

Started Jun-22 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 411 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-22

This first picture came across my Facebook feed.  There was no information on whether this was a pattern or a printed panel or anything.  Although I do enjoy the challenge of re-creating quilts from a picture, I don't think I'd care to try to wrap my brain around this one.

May be an image of indoor

One of the comments for the post that showed the above photo, said that"Saw something similar made with log cabin squares in FB group Quilting and Sewing Enthusiasts! "It is called "Blau de Colors- el Tubo" by Montserrat Forcadell Blasco. It was a big winner at the 2019 Houston Quilt Festival.""

So, I looked for Blau de Colors - el Tubo and found this one.  Holy moley.   But .... it should be so simple!  It's "only" Log Cabin blocks!   LOLOLOLOL!

May be art

In reply toRe: msg 1
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-22

ahhh!   another commenter brought this Etsy site to our attention: https://www.etsy.com/market/optical_illusion_quilt_patterns

some VERY interesting optical illusion patterns there.  Oh my.

YDritch

Jun-22

It makes me dizzy and a little sick to my stomach.  Definitely not for me.

I do like optical illusions - but not that 1st one.  

CC (ccase5)

Jun-22

Oh my, I don't think I could get into that bed without being dizzy. I cannot think how those are made. I bought an optical illusion pattern and have yet to tackle it.
LABFIEND

Jun-22

No NO NO NO!!!

LOL

judyinohio

Jun-22

Unlike you, I love all of those.  heart_eyes

I wish they had been around in my younger years. 

I would be afraid to sit on the bed in fear of falling in!!!

judyinohio

Jun-23

But that's the whole idea of an optical illusion bed quilt ... the joke is on the viewer.

I can imagine the reaction if you put that in a guest room - whoa!