Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cleaning Out for Move... 2 Old Found...   General Discussion

Started Sep-2 by Judy (DJZMOM); 701 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-2

As many know my DH and I are preparing and packing to move out of state to build our retirement home.  We each have been concentrating on our respective beloved hobby areas...  him in his wood shop and me in my sewing/quilt room.  It's taken a bit but I have been able to snap a picture of each PIG (Project In a "Grocery" sack) or plastic bin.  I hope to use the photos as reminders what I have and order them into priority order to get done or to pass along to another quilter or put the fabric back into the general stash.  

In clearing out the closet I made a great find.  AND, I have no idea where this mystery came from.  I found a large See's Candy bag way in the back of the closet behind a large plastic tote.  Once I was able to get it out and look in the large bag I found two "old" to me quilt tops!!  The fabric seems to be a bit stiff and yet a bit see through.  I am not an expert on this subject so once we get moved and settled a bit I thing I would like to have them each quilted and I'll bind them.  I described them to my Mom to see if they perhaps came from my Nana (her Mother).  It doesn't make sense that they would be from my DH's family of quilters as there would be other family they would have gone to first.  

So....  I'll keep chasing the mystery and figure out about how best to honor their maker and "save" a bit of quilting history.  I'll attach a couple of pics.

PS - If anyone know the name of the blocks used in each quilt I'd appreciate the help.  I just don't have the time right now.  The moving trucks comes to get everything in 9 days!?!?!?!?!  (DH is a bit of a nerd so has programed a count down clock to be right in our faces each day!!!)

Thanks all!!

Wow, what great treasures.  I especially love that first one.

LABFIEND

Sep-2

Wow, that second one definitely has 40's colors!! (the pink,  the pink!!)

Good luck on the move, I do not envy you!!!

But I do know where you are moving to, you may see me sooner that you think!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-2

Me too.  But I also love red!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-3

LABFIEND said...

Wow, that second one definitely has 40's colors!! (the pink,  the pink!!)

hahahaha!  Actually it isn't a pink!  It's really a tiny red and white woven from that era that reads pink from a distance.

LABFIEND said...

Good luck on the move, I do not envy you!!!

But I do know where you are moving to, you may see me sooner that you think!!!

That would be terrific!!!  Thanks for the luck!!

MelRN

Sep-4

Those are great! Love the top one!!!

tuckyquilter

Sep-27

Lucky gal.  They are both pretty.  

Happy Moving and here's hoping you get great neighbors with common hobbies in your new location.