Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First time ever this has ever happened in all my years of sewing   General Discussion

Started Sep-4 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 222 views.

I generally do a quick swab for lint every time I do a new bobbin.  Apparently I dislodged a gob of Something.  And this happened.  This was white thread on white fabric.  The weird part was it kept happening on the test piece and paper towel I tried.  I finally took the cover plate off and do a more thorough cleaning.  I'm guessing this means I need to get it cleaned by a professional, my cleaning the lint is just moving stuff around in the depths.  I had never worried about sewing on a test piece after swabbing out but I'm definitely going to do it from now on!  Fortunately I had more of the white fabric and the red fabric on the bottom is dark enough you can't really see the grease stain after scrubbing it with Dawn.

bornblesse2

Sep-5

Oh no…..I had to clean out my machine again yesterday.  Thank goodness it didn’t mess on me as I was doing some quilt8ng on a tablerunner.

(actually, finishing up a very old UFO!  But, now I need to buy some fabric for binding as I don’t have anything to go with it.sigh….)