Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

another fun Star pattern   General Discussion

Started Sep-19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 548 views.

I think I may try constructing the blue & red flying geese part differently  I don't think I'd like having to match those seams to get the points to line up.  She did a good job, but I think it would be easier to start with the white triangle and make a white/blue geese then a blue/red geese and set those together.

tuckyquilter

Sep-27

Thank for sharing this photo.  I like that quilt a lot.  I've made strip sets and cut them in diagonal chevrons for that block you highlighted in a separate photo.  That's really easy too.  

hmm, strip sets would be pretty fast. 

tuckyquilter

Sep-28

yes they are.. I'm a very lazy person so I'm always looking for the easiest way to do something.  

any tricks for calculating how much strip set needed?

tuckyquilter

Sep-28

Not really,  I usually make one strip set and see how many cuts I get out of it.  And just keep making the sets and cutting as needed, until the quilt top is done.  I do this a lot as I don't use a lot of patterns.  

I don't think I do anything the normal way... LOL  

bias strip sets....

I've used this method when I need lots of HST.  it's working pretty well except a few times I've cut too far and messed the adjacent one up.  truely this feels a lot like a puzzle.