Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 2048761 views.

Hey Shelley,

Thanks, but Win XP?? I just downloaded AdBlock Lite, and now I'm able to get a reply box as well in Zeta mode.  I prefer how the Classic View looks with the discussions and such how they used to be, but I'm trying to get used to this new format. Thanks for finding a fix.

Hilda

Okay, I found out how to edit my repetitive sentence as well! 

judyinohio

8/22/15

Hilda,  I just sent you another private message through the Delphi forum.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

8/22/15

BLUESWALLOW said:

but Win XP??

heh .. yeah.  It still works for what I want to do.  I really believe that if it works, don't fix it.  

I recently got a new laptop for myself, preloaded with Windows 8.  O.M.G.  What a piece of junk!  TOTALLY unworkable for a laptop.  While I am used to the swiping and tiles on my cell phone, that philosophy does NOT work for a laptop!  And how they arranged the tiles??  Completely not understandable.  Very frustrating .. and I'm not computer illiterate, either!   I returned to Costco (they're fantastic about returns!).  The return clerk said they had been getting TONS of returns of the Windows 8 laptops.  People hate it.

OTOH, Mr. Pirate is really itching to build me a new, faster machine, which he'll put Windows 7 on and then get the free upgrade to Windows 10.  He does like to acquire new toys.  :-)

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I thought it was Sewing Gestapo for years. I thought you were some extreme form of Quilt Police! Yikes.

I hope not, she has quilted for me!!! ( and will again when I stop spending money on Row by Row)

SWQUILTER

8/22/15

No ads for me.  I guess I'd rather have no ads than a like button?

Suze (casuzenn)

8/22/15

wholie gauacmole!!  By Jove...you got it! AdBlock Lite works for me too!

Thanks, thanks, thanks...

Suze (casuzenn)

8/22/15

you might want to add this finding to the Nav Tips thread...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

8/22/15

Suze (casuzenn) said:

wholie gauacmole!! By Jove...you got it! AdBlock Lite works for me too!

oh good!  I was hoping it wasn't a fluke. :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

8/22/15

Just don't tell AdBlock Lite to go into Full mode...sigh...it breaks the reply box like AdBlock Plus...

I get a few ads with Lite..in the old forum I get a banner...

haven't figured out if I get any other ads on other sites.