Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1929150 views.

Question for the local ladies, does anyone have a stationary bike I can use for the next 3-5 months?  No I do not want to buy or have just use for a while.  Let me know if you do

Suze (casuzenn)

9/2/19

where is everybody????

hope all is well with all my forum peeps...

I have been doing loads of laundry...and watching a new show on Prime called Carnival Row (interesting!) 

I am working on a table runner made of fruits and veggies fabrics...I hope I like it when its done! Its 1 inch hexies..sewed with the flat back stitch...I have 5 and a half flowers to make out of a bunch of 2 inch fruit fabric squares that I got during one of the Quilter's Runs a few years ago (finished 7 so far)..and a bunch of green hexies - they are 'path' or 'leaves'  made of the veggies fabrics...

MarciainMD

9/2/19

Suze (casuzenn) said:

where is everybody????

I've been wondering the same thing!  Busy with holiday activities.

Your table runner sounds yummy!  Be sure to post photos, please.

I'e been cutting fabric to make quilt kits to work on after my surgery.  Stocking up on food and birdseed so we won't have to go to the store for a while.  And getting ready for our daughter and grandbaby to arrive in a couple days while evacuating Ocracoke, NC.  So much going on here!

I hope people start checking in here soon.  I miss the posts of what's going on.

judyinohio

9/2/19

I've been pondering whether or not to reveal that I'm unhappy with current quilting project which is fiddling with a miniature quilt idea.

Here's my take on miniature quilting.

Start stitching.

Stop.

Start stitching.

Stop.

Start stitching.

Stop.

Repeat until you heaving deep sighs of annoyance.

And this is an idea of my own that I thought would be cute, clever and/or creative.  LOL  I mean some of the seams (at 15 stitches per inch setting) are only 10 stitches long.

Stitch a couple of seconds. Stop. Clip threads.

Stitch a couple of seconds. Stop. Clip threads.

That gets mighty old mighty fast.

I think I am too elderly for the miniature quilt game. I think Suze warned me about that when I mentioned I was going to take a fling at working with miniatures. 

Time to prepare more clay for my upcoming polymer clay class.  LOL  Maybe I'll take these fabrics I had selected for mini quilt and create a gaudy pair of placemats.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun with that grandbaby, Marcia. He must be growing like a weed by now!

Edited to add photo which managed to wind up sideways.  In this case sideways really does not matter. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

• Edited September 2, 2019 12:18 pm  by  judyinohio
MarciainMD

9/2/19

Your current quilt project does sound tedious.  You're smart to take a break and have fun working with your clay projects.

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to spending time with our DGS.  It's hard to believe he's 19 months old, running everywhere and starting to talk.  Such fun!

judyinohio

9/2/19

And if he is as clever as his grandparents he will be on the verge of the terrible twos and start saying "No!" very soon.  Or perhaps he will wait until Christmas.   

"Would you like to open a gift now?"

"No!"

Tee hee.

3carats (MaryDinFL)

9/2/19

I picked up some jelly roll strips  for a from the free table at the last guild meeting so I am making a  lap robe for someone in the hospital where I volunteer.

We are just waiting around for Dorian to get here or blow away. Everything is brought inside or tied down. I they are predicting up tp 80 MPH gusts  for our area. We are so happy to have a whole house generator now. Other storms have left us a week or more without electricity. Power trucks have been coming from all over the country to help with electricity and tree cutting. There are hundreds of trucks staged at the Daytona Speedway.

Going back to my sewing room and finish the flimsy.

Mary in Orlando

judyinohio

9/2/19

Thanks, Mary, for giving us a "status report" on your part of Florida.

MarciainMD

9/2/19

judyinohio said:

And if he is as clever as his grandparents he will be on the verge of the terrible twos and start saying "No!" very soon.

He's already there! smile

nylaagain

9/2/19

Working with clay could be a good way to release some tension, lol.