Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1924935 views.
judyinohio

9/2/19

And if he is as clever as his grandparents he will be on the verge of the terrible twos and start saying "No!" very soon.  Or perhaps he will wait until Christmas.   

"Would you like to open a gift now?"

"No!"

Tee hee.

3carats (MaryDinFL)

9/2/19

I picked up some jelly roll strips  for a from the free table at the last guild meeting so I am making a  lap robe for someone in the hospital where I volunteer.

We are just waiting around for Dorian to get here or blow away. Everything is brought inside or tied down. I they are predicting up tp 80 MPH gusts  for our area. We are so happy to have a whole house generator now. Other storms have left us a week or more without electricity. Power trucks have been coming from all over the country to help with electricity and tree cutting. There are hundreds of trucks staged at the Daytona Speedway.

Going back to my sewing room and finish the flimsy.

Mary in Orlando

judyinohio

9/2/19

Thanks, Mary, for giving us a "status report" on your part of Florida.

MarciainMD

9/2/19

judyinohio said:

And if he is as clever as his grandparents he will be on the verge of the terrible twos and start saying "No!" very soon.

He's already there! smile

nylaagain

9/2/19

Working with clay could be a good way to release some tension, lol.

MarciainMD

9/2/19

I hope Dorian passes you by!  May it move quickly to the east. 

judyinohio

9/2/19

Then ask a question so that he has a choice .....

"Do you want a cookie before your bath or after your bath?"

That's how I outfoxed my kids decades ago so that they never had a chance to say "No!".

Mishii

9/2/19

I spent yesterday finishing a quilt and working off and on.  I keep my computer and everything on my back porch and Pita called upstairs (from his chair 2 feet from the back door.)  "It's starting to rain, do you need to get anything inside?"

Our porch is fairly deep so usually I don't bring anything in even if it's raining so I thought it was an odd questions.

I step outside and it is raining sideways buckets.  I was like, Ummm yeah, Guess I'll bring the computer, monitor and other electronics in, but don't stress yourself.  I got it.  Of course then he gets up and helps while professing he just wasn't sure if I wanted all my electronics to be sitting outside in the deluge.  Gah

I finished quilting the quilt that was on the frame and started binding.  Today I can't walk because my feet hurt so badly.  I think I"m going to have to give up and have surgery, but I really really really don't wanna.

In other news, I was paying bills and realized I no longer have the correct address for the VOS to send the down payment for the retreat.  I was all ready to impress people by being on time and stuff with all the parts of the application.  Ah well.  Maybe next year.

Suze (casuzenn)

9/2/19

Mishii said:

realized I no longer have the correct address for the VOS to send the down payment for the retreat.  I was all ready to impress people by being on time and stuff with all the parts of the application. 

I don't think they announced the next year's retreat just quite yet..and the application will have the address...Soon though...its usually sometime in October...

Suze (casuzenn)

9/2/19

egads...can you imagine if you HADN'T had the size blown up???

have fun with the claying class!