Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1924935 views.
nylaagain

9/2/19

Working with clay could be a good way to release some tension, lol.

MarciainMD

9/2/19

I hope Dorian passes you by!  May it move quickly to the east. 

judyinohio

9/2/19

Then ask a question so that he has a choice .....

"Do you want a cookie before your bath or after your bath?"

That's how I outfoxed my kids decades ago so that they never had a chance to say "No!".

Mishii

9/2/19

I spent yesterday finishing a quilt and working off and on.  I keep my computer and everything on my back porch and Pita called upstairs (from his chair 2 feet from the back door.)  "It's starting to rain, do you need to get anything inside?"

Our porch is fairly deep so usually I don't bring anything in even if it's raining so I thought it was an odd questions.

I step outside and it is raining sideways buckets.  I was like, Ummm yeah, Guess I'll bring the computer, monitor and other electronics in, but don't stress yourself.  I got it.  Of course then he gets up and helps while professing he just wasn't sure if I wanted all my electronics to be sitting outside in the deluge.  Gah

I finished quilting the quilt that was on the frame and started binding.  Today I can't walk because my feet hurt so badly.  I think I"m going to have to give up and have surgery, but I really really really don't wanna.

In other news, I was paying bills and realized I no longer have the correct address for the VOS to send the down payment for the retreat.  I was all ready to impress people by being on time and stuff with all the parts of the application.  Ah well.  Maybe next year.

Suze (casuzenn)

9/2/19

Mishii said:

realized I no longer have the correct address for the VOS to send the down payment for the retreat.  I was all ready to impress people by being on time and stuff with all the parts of the application. 

I don't think they announced the next year's retreat just quite yet..and the application will have the address...Soon though...its usually sometime in October...

Suze (casuzenn)

9/2/19

egads...can you imagine if you HADN'T had the size blown up???

have fun with the claying class!

Suze (casuzenn)

9/2/19

when is your surgery?

DGS sounds like he is a 'mile a minute' kid...I loved that age...

judyinohio

9/2/19

One very important thing I learned this year:

Miniature quilts are not for people of a certain mature age. If you like big numbers on a landline telephone you won't like miniature quilt making. 

rage

Yesterday I visited with Sandy for a little while.  We are taking a class on Sept. 26 to learn how to make the "Sew Together Bag" -- and we needed to go over the supply list and *some* of the directions, because we have to do some "homework" before the class.  I invited myself over to her house, and she was kind enough to give me a piece of fusible batting and let me use her sewing machine to do some basic quilting on one large piece of fabric that is needed for the bag.  

Today I have just been puttering around, and occasionally checking in on a streaming video of dairy cow calves being born at the New York State Fair.  They are so cute!  

Because I had to work on Saturday, I also get tomorrow off.  But I will have typing to do on my 2nd job, which will be a good opportunity to earn some more money for my cruise in October.  

Suze (casuzenn)

9/2/19

3carats (MaryDinFL) said:

We are just waiting around for Dorian to get here or blow away.

yikes... I saw on the news the poor Bahamas are majorly impacted..sigh...it is good you are prepared with a whole house generator now...

Stay safe....