Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1926431 views.
Mishii

9/2/19

Suze (casuzenn) said:

do you have gel pads under your quilting machine? can you get one of those saddle seats that rolls to help take the pressure off your feet? or maybe convert to a sit down table??

Yes, tried it, no.

I have plantar fasciitis, achilles fasciitis, heel spurs, and then I messed up the tendons on the side of my feet trying to protect my heels.  Whoopsy

I refused to explore surgery when discussing treatment options with my last doctor so I don't really know what kind.  I do know that you have to be totally non weight bearing for about 12 weeks and that doesn't really work for me.

I didn't take the appropriate precautions so today I'm paying for it.  I knew better.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

9/2/19

Hmmm.  It was more than several years ago.  could have been 2014 or so.  One version was the Sew Together Bag (I got the pattern thru Craftsy) and the other was the Bionic Bag.  The designer of each bag was really, really publicly nasty to each other and adherents of each camp were just as vitriolic.  I remember avidly reading about it on a sewing forum board, which I can't remember now.  But the exchanges were highly entertaining when viewed from afar and when you weren't involved.  :-)

Apparently a lot of the historical cat-fight has been purged from the internet.  The designer of the Bionic Bag has put some really defensive and angry verbiage in her FAQ section, which she apparently **kept changing** as developments occurred.   But alas, the FAQ has also been bleached.  :-)

Jonna and Sandy ... 
Since that time, *another* person has come out with a similar-yet-different bag for quilters (https://www.etsy.com/listing/241871190/ultimate-carry-all-bag-for-sewing?####&pro=1) .  I just discovered it when trying to re-find the sewing forum.   This is more of a tote bag size than an organizer that you toss into a tote.   What's interesting about this bag is the dimensions.  Big enough for printed patterns and it can carry one of those small travel size irons and has an ironing surface on one end.   In fact, I absolutely do remember someone mentioning that she had modified the Sew Together/Bionic Bag to have just that feature too.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

9/2/19

Jonna and Sandy .. before you take your class, *do* Google   Sew Together bag and Bionic Bag for ideas on variations you can do or even just different ideas for basic construction.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/2/19

We have been here at Carolyn's since Wed.  Patty arrived Friday.  Saturday we went to the Antique Mall and had lunch at the the Chinese Buffet.  We found a few things to bring home.  Carolyn went to Mass on Saturday night so Patty and I took things out of the closet in her sewing room so that she could at least look into it.  When she got home, we sat her down in a chair and did keep/ throw.  We put like things together etc.  She loves that she can get into the closet and reach what she needs.  Patty and I both felt it was a piece of cake.  Her  definition of a messy closet and ours are different!

Below is a picture of Patty at the Antique Mall.  Carolyn will post a picture of the closet cleaning.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/2/19

Sorry you are not enjoying your miniature quilting adventure.  Sounds like it is time for a break.

LABFIEND

9/2/19

Just got home from kansas, had a great visit with Cathy, Carolyn and Bob.  He was very patient with us!!  I managed to get some fabric from the antique mall, Carolyn and Cathy did not get it all.

AND I FOUND TWO TROLLS.  Of course they came home!  One has a red jewel in it's belly, so it will match my green one, for Christmas decorations!!  Went to the chinese buffet, yum!   Hit Goodwill and I hauled off Carolyn's rollaway she didn't want, Goodwill wouldn't take it, so I HAD to run to Salvation army to drop it off, them checked out the store while  I was there.

A lot of gossip, oh, and we went to the fudge place again!!

Carolyn said you and I should head up there after you retire, she is ready for us!!

Also brought back a truck load for Aunt Margaret (not a big load, will have plenty of room for more!)

Even tho hubby said don't bring anything home. what  does he think, I am going to listen-haha!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/2/19

Good to make pre-op preparations.  Best of luck on your surgery.  There is nothing better to make a Grandma feel good than a visit from a grandchild!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/2/19

Hope the hurricane projections stay at 80 mph gust for you and don't get worse.  Stay safe.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/2/19

That type of behavior drives me nuts.  I see some of it in my house also.  Hope you got your electronics in on time.

Hope the foot issue resolves.  I suspect you will need to take an unwanted action.disappointed

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/2/19

Be sure to show us a picture of what the bag will look like.  Carolyn doesn't remember it.