Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1925991 views.

Judy there is lots of space on the Sponge Fabric..............that is why I bought the 15 yards of it for a whopping $3 in the first place. I was going to use it for a pictorial Southwest landscape. I have cut pieces for tons of scrap quilts over the years. I only made one quilt where you can see the faces and it was made as a joke.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

9/2/19

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I came across half a yard of Johnna's puffer fish with the teeth.

Just sayin' it makes a mighty fine throw pillow. :-)

Yeah, I have seen more than a few variations of that type of bag.  When we were at "Must Love Fabric," they had several similar samples of various kinds of bags, but I did not seriously look at any of them except the "Sew Together Bag," just because that is the one they were going to do for the class.  At one time, I watched several videos on YouTube for variations on the "Bionic Gear Bag," which is one of the ones where the front opens up and lies flat for pressing or whatever.  There is certainly no shortage of videos about BOTH bags!   

I have been sick almost constantly since you left, so I haven't done much on getting boxes ready for you YET.  Be patient with me.

It started out with bronchitis and is continuing as allergies, but I am really almost over it now.  I have never had anything hang on for so long!  I only missed 3 days of work, but I could have used at least a week longer - but did not have enough PTO days.  Grrrrrrr.  Will be SO glad when I no longer have to worry about having enough PTO days and all that BS.  I probably could have recuperated much quicker if I didn't have to keep going to work.  Every day, as soon as I get there, I have a horrible coughing fit.  You know how dirty and dusty law offices are, with all those files and shelves of books.  It literally makes me sick when I step into the office.  I am hanging in there for the duration, until I can finally walk away and be FREE!

And of course, while I was so sick, it was hot as HELL, and I was in no condition to go to the storage building.  But will be doing that soon.  I hope.  

I can't wait until we can drop in on Carolyn TOGETHER!  Don't know if we will have as much fun as y'all had with Carolyn, but I know we will surely try!  haha

Half a yard?  That's probably the biggest piece still out there -- I don't even have that much left.  LOLOL  

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/2/19

Your hexie fruits and veggies table runner.  Looking forward to seeing it!

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

Stay safe and have fun sewing!

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said...

Patty said that Carolyn had already made one of the bags, and she was done with it, so she gave her pattern to Patty -- but at the time of this visit she had not made a bag herself yet.  Carolyn said that it was kind of complicated and/or fussy, so we'll see when we take the class. 

Do share back with us about your experience with the "Sew Together Bag" in class.  I've looked at the pattern and think I either picked it up somewhere or somehow have it.  I'll have to look for it in my patterns.  Gee... maybe it will be a retreat project for me!  I'd might have you guys and Shelley to advise me!

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

Bob would just have one more crazy quilter to contend with.  He has gone to the shooting range and golf course, hardware store, car wash, chauffered  us to dinner, watched TV in the bedroom to escape, trimmed a couple trees, put up a new smoke detector, lubricated the garage door  and played with the dogs.  Hasn't complained about us quilters.

Except on FB!!  hahahaha