Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1892053 views.

Carolyn did send us a utube link tonight that had 8 segments on how to make the Sew Together Bag. It made more sense looking at the videos than just reading the pattern. 

Yes and THANK YOU for the link. It all made sense once I watched the videos. 

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

A troll with orange hair...  for Misha perhaps?  You know her love of ORANGE!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

Such a fun lunch!!  Happy Birthday dear Carolyn!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said...

I am hanging in there for the duration, until I can finally walk away and be FREE!

I'm sorry you have been so sick.  That makes you so miserable during the summer and heat!  

So when are you FREE?

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

Some years ago I know I found some of that SpongeBob fabric at M&L's and it made me laugh.  So...  since it was on the flat folds bargain tables I bought a yard or so.  Haven't found it yet at the bottom of one cupboard still needing to be culled through.

Maybe I should get Cathy and Patty to help!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

Would you (or Carolyn) mind sharing that link with me?

Thanks.

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

I've been around but not often here unfortunately.  I have been trying to solve Lizzie issues and it's been so very hot out in the garage the last couple of weeks.  DH helped me put a new belt on Lizzie and it seemed to help but periodically when I stopped her the needle just wouldn't come up all the way.  The motor made a whirring sound and then it was like the needle was in slow motion.  I couldn't reach around to the back myself so finally had to leave the needle part way up.  When DH was able to come out and help to manually raise he needle there was a big hole...  with machine oil around it.  I'm hoping when I wash it threads will relax back into place.  

DH got to thinking and looking closer to the back of the motor and belt of Lizzie after taking off the plastic guard/housing. This visit he saw there was a hex nut that *to him* was obviously for belt adjustment.  He loosened it just a tad and bingo!  She works like she used to and is supposed to.  Hopefully it will be a bit cooler tomorrow and I can get some significant quilting done on the Dumbo quilt.

Last weekend I helped DH with a new experiment/brain storm.  The roof section on the front of our garage is direct facing the sun as it rises to the east and sets to the west.  I put my foot down years ago about having solar panels laid along that section years ago as I hated the way they look on the front of a house.  Anyway...  he got the idea to put up about 20" sections between the rafters on the underneath side to perhaps help keep things a bit cooler.  No...  not just for me and Lizzie but for all of his computer gear and storage devices he runs out there.  When it gets above 100 degrees things start to shut down.  It doesn't help since he works from home.  So I helped measure for cutting and figuring and he climbed the ladder.  We got one third of that side of the garage covered in a Saturday and it seems to help a bit.  Now we have the or two 1/3 sections to do but have a loft to empty first.  I thought that was this weekend's chore but he had other work to get to...  thankfully.  

DJ seems to be acclimating well to school in France.  He spent his first weekend going to downtown Metz and getting groceries and other necessities.  It looked very interesting as they were having their annual Mirabel Plum Festival and events.  I asked if he tried a plum but said he couldn't just a plum as most plum things were in other foods and drinks and he not that adventurous.  I suspect he didn't look very hard!  ha!  Last weekend he and 3 other guys went to Paris and found the Paris Lego store and saw the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame (but couldn't go inside), Arc de Triomphe(they climbed to the top to take pics of the city) and the Palace of Versailles.  He said they walked so much at Versailles and he lovely grounds he logged 30K steps and was veeeeery tired.  He also mentioned since they are students there for more than 3 month they had to get 6 month Visas and are considered "residents" of France so they can go into many sites free as residents and not as tourists who need to pay an admission fee.  Next weekend they are going to Switzerland and staying in Interlaken I think.  I'm so glad he plans ahead and gets his studying and homework done by Th night so he can enjoy the weekends.  He knows things will get more difficult as the semester progresses but at least he has the opportunity to explore now.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/3/19

I hope we have a report from Misha soon as *I think* she was scheduled to do her knee replacement surgery today.  

I am keeping this under my hat at work, because I don't want to give away my intentions until I actually DO it -- but my plan is to give my 2-weeks notice immediately when I return from the retreat (if I get to go), and my last day at the downtown Dallas office should be the last day of February.