Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1926433 views.
Mishii

9/4/19

Yeah that looked way too clean.  That was more like perusing through stuff, not organizing.

KSCarolyn

9/4/19

I was thrilled with the fact that they got everything up off the floor.  It's a walk-in closet and I couldn't walk in there.

Carolyn

LABFIEND

9/4/19

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Pfffft!  That's just a tiny load, compared to how I've seen her load that thing up!  Hah!  

! I will have a load when I head to Aunt Margaret's, will send a pic then!!

LABFIEND

9/4/19

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

but she was under strict orders from Hubby not to bring ANYTHING home. 

He knows that is a hollow threat, I ALWAYS bring something home!  But usually it is to move the items on to someone else.  I have refrained from bringing livestock home, so that is progress!!

LABFIEND

9/4/19

Mishii said:

Yeah that looked way too clean.  That was more like perusing through stuff, not organizing

We knew you wouldn't be interested, not a challenge for you!  but Carolyn wanted to see her floor!!

bornblesse2

9/4/19

Judy, I am so very glad that DJ can visit some fascinating places!  He will forever remember these things and places!  I know I hold very precious memories from out travels to Europe.  

Hubby is super excited for his trip to Africa next month!  While he isn’t going for total fun, it will be quite the experience!  He is going with 3 guys from church to help build and develop a seminary school just outside Nairobi.  They will have a bit of fun....along with lots of work.

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/4/19

bornblesse2 said...

Hubby is super excited for his trip to Africa next month!  While he isn’t going for total fun, it will be quite the experience!  He is going with 3 guys from church to help build and develop a seminary school just outside Nairobi.  They will have a bit of fun....along with lots of work.

I'm so glad to hear DH is smiling more and enjoying retirement so much.  I bet his health issues are much improved too!  You really lived the life and enjoyed your adventures when you went to Europe didn't you.  The people you met and lived among and the foods you enjoyed.  DJ is not so adventurous in the food department but he did find a nearby bakery that makes wonderful sandwiches.  There is a large store described as a "Walmart" kind of store he can purchase a variety of essentials and food.  He reported he procured some soups, PB&J fixings and was delighted to find hot dogs.  Really!?!?  In France?!?  My son...  the picky, non-adventurous eater.  I should look up some simple recipes for things he could make on a 1 or 2 burner stove.  I asked if he found eggs and bacon or even *heaven forbid* carrots.  No answer.  Oh well.  When his system begins to slow etc he'll figure things out.  He's a big boy and completed (and mentors for) the Cooking merit badge in Scouts so I'm not going to fuss!  

lppenguins

9/4/19

Me too. I got logged in. 

Rotf with all the banter.

Well I told everyone I was “cleaning” my quilt room 2 weeks ago, got it torn apart and broke my other thumb getting suitcases out of attic for vacation. 

Quilt room still torn up, Vacation was wonderful! My dad, brother, and 2 sisters in Huntington Beach and Catalina Island. Home to a hot house - A/C froze up . It’s only 11 yrs old! 

judyinohio

9/4/19

Judy, when kids go off to college they suddenly learn to eat new foods.

It's a fact of life that part of the maturing process includes noticing that new foods do not kill a person.  LOL  He will see his friends eating foods he has never eaten and he'll decide to give those foods a try ...

In my DD's case it was onions. When she came home one winter break from college and said she liked French onion soup I stared at her and then pretended to swoon.  She grinned.

Judy (DJZMOM)

9/4/19

I do hope your daughter's experience will be DJ's.  I won't hold my breath but will be happy when it does.