Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1925999 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

10/14/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said...

Coleman is very frustrated. Online grad school is NOT the same, if that was what he wanted he would have done one of those online  only schools. I think he is seriously regreting deciding to do grad school. Two of his classes START this week. How is that going to work. And yes, exactly same price.

Poor guy.  What will his Grad Degree be in?  I didn't realize he'd finished college.  Good for him!!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

10/14/20

Midkid5 said...

Challenge yourself, say you have to do minimal quilting on every third UFO you quilt.  However you will probably look at your UFOs in a different light if you decide to challenge yourself like this.

Jo

That is great advice.  Also for a newer quilter I should practice on a donation quilt in between other simpler quilts and work up my skills more often.  Thanks!

Judy (DJZMOM)

10/14/20

bornblesse2 said...

they watch hours of videos, along with your online in person classes, Ali g with Hours online doing homework stuff!  Many days he comes out of his room all dazed! And crazy .

Same with DJ!  Some days we hardly see him as he is working online on a group project with others, watching videos from professors, studying, homework and then coordinating with friends to study for an exam.  Crazy tired and stressed some weeks.  Fortunately this week seems lighter for some unknown reason.  But he'll take it!

Judy (DJZMOM)

10/14/20

bornblesse2 said...

ill plan to make even more kits up and bring them to retreat!

I DO hope that is a strong hint that retreat WILL happen somehow...

Judy (DJZMOM)

10/14/20

That quilt will be wonderful for her.  I'm looking forward to seeing the designs you do.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/14/20

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the designs you do.

heh ... me, too.  :-)

That's a beautiful quilt!! Very special gift :)

Midkid5

10/14/20

It's a beauty, and will be a ray of sunshine on a gloomy NY winter day.

Jo

bornblesse2

10/14/20

I had forgotten that you did that applique around your stars.   I have about 4 of those stars made.  I need to either make some more or do something with them.....

Hi everyone,  I'm using this forum to send out a urgent request to everyone.  Perhaps this isn't a 911 request but its definitely an SOS.

I have a missionary friend who has broken his leg quite badly. He's asking for a referral to an orthopedic surgeon in the DFW area. Do any of you know of one? Obviously we need the info ASAP. So if any of you know one I'd sure appreciate your quick response. I'll haunt this board all day.

Thanks