Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1928979 views.

So sorry Carolyn!!!! Will continue to pray for you. 

Oh, no, Carolyn! I'll definitely be praying for you!

Suze (casuzenn)

10/15/20

agg...so sorry you have another compression fracture...

LindaPutt

10/15/20

I'm sorry to hear that Carolyn - it sounds really painful.  You are in my prayers.  kissing_heart Sending hugs.

viola (sissly4)

10/16/20

Carolyn I wish you the best today I hope that you will be able to get it fixed soon and that you will be without pain again. I need to get out of Illinois real fast yesterday Susie from Wisconsin and I went to decal and there is nothing open to eat except outside in the patio where it's cold and windy or take home it is a shut down town because it's a college town and they don't know how to act and so the Cobra is back in full force here in this town

They just shut lots of stuff down again in New Mexico too but you can eat inside, just far, far apart though. All sorts of new rules this week. 

At least Colorado is much more moderate and you can still enjoy eating a meal inside. 

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

10/16/20

Oh my goodness Shelley, that is gorgeous and I remember seeing it at retreat.   I can't believe you would give that one up!   But I guess some kids are worthy..  :)  

viola (sissly4)

10/16/20

I hope we can eat inside when I see you it is too cold to sit outside I am just west of Des Moines right now stopped at a days days inn had a good day so far stopped at the world's largest truck stop that was something to see it's on interstate 80

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/16/20

That's so kind of you to say so!   

Actually, the hand piecing wasn't/isn't all that difficult and I loved seeing the stars come together.   As I remember, even the leaves/vines applique wasn't difficult, as much as BORING after a while.  I don't remember thinking that I was going to keep this one, although my one brain cell does have a lot of Swiss cheese holes in it these days.  

But, I didn't have a gut reaction of "heck, no .. you're not getting this one!", so I must be feeling rather amicable.  :-)

There's another needleturn applique top that I finished "some time ago" that my oldest daughter admired, the last time she was here .... Christmastime 2019 probably.  She is the one who told me years ago that she didn't want any more quilts or dodads or anything.  I must say that my feelings were hurt because, as someone who sews & crafts, *that* is how I show my love for you .. by giving you something handmade.   But, I do give her kudos for telling me directly so there was no future misunderstandings. 

So when she said that she really liked that particular applique top, my first reaction was ... tough sh1t, Sherlock.  You don't get nuthin' ... but immediately realized that was rather petty.   You also must know that I know I can tend to be a petty person, so part of me was rather smug about thinking of a refusal.  :-)   But, I was proud of myself that I never even uttered one syllable of my thoughts  ... go, me!  :-)  Adult restraint! ... and agreed that WHEN that top was quilted, whenever that would be, it would be earmarked for her.  I have a note to that effect pinned on the top.   For all I know, maybe she'll inherit the unquilted top.  :-)

Well if we are still planning on Monday then for sure we can eat inside somewhere in Longmont. They have rules to have lower amount of people but you can eat inside and during the week places are not as busy.