Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1893493 views.
YDritch

10/21/20

Carolyn:  Glad you're hearing is back and that your upcoming surgery results in a complete and speedy recovery.  

YDritch

10/21/20

Hooray!

Your ballot has been transferred to the Elections Department to be counted in batch J5, on 10/21/2020.

Just checked on my ballot to be sure.....

viola (sissly4)

10/21/20

Carolyn I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you will not have any more pain after the surgery hope to see you soon I will be home tomorrow night from my 2 months trip

LABFIEND

10/22/20

Good, Good, Good!!  Glad you are getting straightened out!!

Yippee! I started cheering out loud with your news! :D 

YDritch

10/23/20

Thought you machine quilters might enjoy this one:

https://lorikennedyquilts.com/ten-christmas-and-hanukkah-machine-quilting-motifs

I've been trying to use the Sweet 16 we have in the Clubhouse, but think I'd better stick to baking.

Yetta I love her designs. Using a longarm is definitely something that takes hours to master and there are definitely tips and tricks. My biggest trick is that I create a little drag by putting a folded batting strip under the bar to make it a little harder to push. This gives me so much more control and is how I am able to make feathers and little fussy designs.

YDritch

10/23/20

I'll keep practicing but I began thinking stitch in the ditch would be simple....NOT!  Wish I had begun with meandering instead.  My saving grace is that the backing is a nice, close paisley print and hides a multitude of sins....

SITD is the hardest thing to do with a longarm! The Idea sounds easy but it is not....much easier to do on a domestic. Allover designs where you can be consistently inconsistent are the easiest. Do not aim for perfection just fill the space with a pleasing design and enjoy the process.  Often when I have a bobble and try to find it later I can't.  The thing about using a lingarm is that it is MUCH faster.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/23/20

Some of those motifs are quite complex.  Even when you break it down into smaller unit, it's still a lot of time to do.   They are pretty, but I'm not sure I'd do some of them.