Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1893666 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

10/23/20

One of my favorite quilting books the author mentions that any time you go over something twice it looks better (or something like that) and she is definitely right.  One line looks like a kindergartner drew it (crooked, goofy, whatever) the 2nd line somehow makes it look artistic.  I've gone with that theory many times while quilting.

YDritch

10/23/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

For the next time ....

Being a little presumptuous, are we?

LABFIEND

10/23/20

Oh, I really like those!!  My go to is meander-LOL- but could slip some of those in!!

LABFIEND

10/23/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

you do a meander (which I personally think is the most terminally boring design in the world),

I know, LOL, but when I get to quilting charity quilts, I just want them done!!

All longarm frames are different so I would need to see a photo of your frame. I just got home from the shop but will text you a photo of what I do on my frame. I saw this year's ago ona Sharon Schamber YouTube video and the first time I used it I was like WOW!!!!

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

10/23/20

I watched the video but not completely sure how it works. Or how to translate to my frame. Need to watch it again on a bigger screen I think. Thanks for sending

LindaPutt

10/24/20

I'm glad you can hear again Carolyn - amazing!  I hope the surgery on your back will turn out really good too.

What is the brand and make of your frame so I can look it up?

lppenguins

10/24/20

Omgosh that’s a great idea!!!  Then when I have a backing I can just go match it up and the size will be right there already. I have about 5 on hangers now and I’ll do them first. 
anything to save time. When it’s not a pain in the butt, I get enthused. Thanks!