Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1894140 views.
viola (sissly4)

3/7/21

I did not get one. Send one to my phone the gmail and one to my computer yahoo.com

viola

(addresses deleted by Misha for security)

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

3/7/21

Viola, I sent yours to the first address because that’s what you had mentioned before was best. Did you double check your spam folder? I will try again in a few minutes and send it to both of those that you mentioned.

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/7/21

I'm so glad you only had to be in the hospital such a short time and then home.  I'm sure you've unpacked by now.  But if not...  it'll wait for you.  Take good care!

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/7/21

And you two are adorable too! 

You are welcome to our title:  as our son reminds us...  "You're two cute old people."

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/8/21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

You are welcome to our title:  as our son reminds us...  "You're two cute old people."

Oh, that's so funny .....

While Tom & I were at the Phoenix Elks Club, it happened to be a Tuesday night.  The sign outside proclaimed they had Bingo on Tuesday nights.  Further inquiries revealed that a person (private kitchen?) came in to have dinners available.  Since this was for the Elks' Club and we had nothing else planned that night (grin), it didn't take much to persuade Tom to give Bingo a whirl.

We arrived early enough to have dinner (shrimp jambalaya ... *very* good) and buy our Bingo set up.  There were 20 games and and they were pre-printed on tear-off stacks of paper.  If I remember correctly, each sheet had 12 game "cards" on them, so in essence, we were playing  12 games simultaneously.  Since we were utter newbies, we had to buy our Dauber thingies.  We were told that normally the Club just lends them out but because of covid ... nope, didn't to that any longer.

In the middle of one of the games, Rene calls to check in on us.  We weren't sitting near anyone, but I answered in a whispery voice anyway so that I didn't interfere with the Bingo caller's voice.  Rene was immediately concerned: WHAT'S WRONG?????   When I told her that everything was **just fine** and we were playing Bingo, her response was .... oh my god, you guys are O-L-D!!!    I had to hold back a hearty laugh.  LOL!

As I expected, we ended up making a "donation" to the cause because we lost every game.  In all the games we played, as we were getting close, someone else would call out bingo and they were correct.  I figured they were probably better cheaters than we were.  :-)

It turned out that Tom, to his surprise, really rather enjoyed the bingo games.  He was expecting the standard game, which we did do ... but then games 5-20 were all variations that neither of us had ever seen before.  Since we were playing 12 'cards' at once, it meant that we needed to be on our toes to remember what variation we were playing and what the rules were for that game, then apply that to each of the 12 'cards'.   I assure you there was no idle chit-chat between he and I while we were trying to figure out if we were to cover a number or not!  I'm sure we bungled more than a few games.  :-)   Tom said it was surprisingly good mental stimulation.   I'm hoping that once the covid restrictions ease up at home, the regularly scheduled bingo games will resume.

One of my nearby crafting friends, who is an avid Bingo player, told me that the only active bingo game around home these days is a **drive-in** game .... which means you are stuck in your car.  That held no appeal for Tom, who can't sit still for love nor money.

I'd gotten the email already and after adding it to my calendar, forgotten! LOL!!! 

KSCarolyn

3/8/21

I finally got the retreat pictures uploaded to our Shutterfly account.  I'm sorry it took so long, I've been down in the back again.  I didn't do much except upload the pictures.  I'm taking pain meds and it makes me goofy.  Feel free to go in and label your quilts.  There is also a link to our YouTube channel on the home page.  https://azquiltingretreat.shutterfly.com/

Carolyn

lppenguins

3/8/21

I did the same thing with my cousins son and his kids only I used strips of her clothes. 
they loved them. It feels so good when you can give them to them.