Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1843832 views.
bornblesse2

3/17/21

I am so, so, so glad you found your quilt top!  Those things just bug your brain until they get found!

Suze (casuzenn)

3/17/21

Coban is a bust...it won't stay on my finger when I stitch.

The doeskin tip is ok...but I can see me wearing thru it too quickly.

Have to try the nitrile gloves...those are easier to replace! and I have to find the suede dots though I remember not being too impressed ...but maybe this might be a different type of situation.

Sharp twinges in my fingers have gone away(Yay)...I might just have to limit my time doing hand quilting...

Oh...and it seems the chemo treatment might just be working...got the lowest M-Spike since we started tracking.

bornblesse2

3/17/21

Yeah for lower counts!  You keep that healing going....

im glad you are not giving up your stitching.  Hopefully one or two of the things you try will be helpful to your fingers!

LABFIEND

3/18/21

Suze:  Yay for lower counts!

What I have used when doing hand work (cause i just can't seem to get the hang of thimbles!), is moleskin. cheaper than the dots, I cut out little squares (you could cut out circles) and put it on the tip of my finger where the needle touches. The edges start to pull off after a while (maybe they wouldn't if you cut circles) but I just put on a new one when that happens. You might try that!

Suze (casuzenn)

3/18/21

Thanks! I was thinking that moleskin might work...and it should be cheaper than the suede dots...

lppenguins

3/18/21

Omgosh I love that quilt!!! It’s so simple and so beautiful. I want to make it too. 

lppenguins

3/18/21

Thanks so much. I have heard the same from others as well. My attitude “ I can do anything for a year”. 1 month until surgery so, yep next may I should be good to go.

lppenguins

3/18/21

Oh Suze that is great news!  I’m so happy for you. Continued prayers. 

lppenguins said:

My attitude “ I can do anything for a year”

YES you can.  But with the new medicines and advancements in medicine know how, I doubt it will too bad. Best of luck to you. I'll try to remember to keep you in my prayers.