Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1777573 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-14

LABFIEND said:

Ha Ha, my cousin is coming back in June,. she will want to organize!  So I better save it for her!!

I bet there is plenty for all of them!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-14

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

It also kinda sounds like Patty is not excited about someone going in there and messing with it. Just saying!

Those organizing would have to make her a map or she wouldn't be able to find anything.  Some of us just like our mess.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-14

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Some of us just like our mess.

that's called the "Creative Piles of Chaos" organization method.   We *know* were stuff is.   The thing you are looking for is about 2/3rds down the 4th pile which is on the table in the northwest corner.

LABFIEND

Apr-15

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

The thing you are looking for is about 2/3rds down the 4th pile which is on the table in the northwest corner.

Which makes it worse when you want what's on the bottom of said pile!

LABFIEND

Apr-15

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I didn't realize you were bilingual!

Mostly just cuss words-innocent

LABFIEND

Apr-15

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

I bet there is plenty for all of them!

There is! And last time she organized, I couldn't find things for a while, but it was nice (after I got use to it) that she sorted colors.  However....I have lots that are hard to categorize. she did do some boxes of novelty groups. I am thinking of hitting the container store (yes, there is one now in OKC) and get some bins for her to sort!!

And I pulled out some string blocks to take to New Mexico, found a bag of 3 in strings, pulled the paper off the back, they were from a swap in 2012. I remember the reason I quit using paper foundations.  When you pull off the paper, sometimes you lose the stitching on some edges. But these will go in a quilt for Hilda.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-15

I totally understand and often work that way.  Every once in a while I have to reorganize to see what is really there, like all my UFO's

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-15

I bought a lot of containers when we moved here.  It helps.  I labelled them so I can pull them out easily and, at least, find the group I'm looking for.  

I find that issue with piecing on paper also.  I use the forceps Donna gave us at the retreat to pull out the little pieces that get stuck.  I tried using tissue paper ala Pirate so I could just wash it out but find I need a more stable base.  I've been using very thin fabric.  When will you be in NM in case I find enough orphan blocks to send. 

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

from what I've heard it would take more than 2 days at Patty's for that barn 

I think she mentioned her cousin arranged a little when she was there. Of course it doesn’t take long to get things out of order, ask me how i knows LOL.

lppenguins

Apr-15

Hi there, I’m sorry I was out of town. My brother has a summer home in Havasu (they love boating and skiing). So I ran away from home for almost a week. Lol

no one with me just me a huge house and quiet! I have never ever gone anywhere alone, it was bliss. I had a lot thrown at me medically and I needed to think. I found out yesterday my genomic test failed. They weren’t able to get a read off of it ???

so we’ll have to wait a little longer to make a surgery date. This time I’m doing a blood draw and hopefully they’ll work on it quickly. 
trust trust trust

I’m  glad to see your hand is healing and your exercising your fingers etc.  prayers for a speedy full recovery