Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1929592 views.
lppenguins

5/25/21

Kim, I almost go through withdrawls if I haven’t seen him all day. I tell him

“where u been? It’s been 12 hours and Nana missed you” he smiles so big it just melts any stress I had.

latterberry

5/25/21

lppenguins said:

I just feel such relief knowing the tumor is out and they got it all.

So good to hear.  Prayers are powerful!

MelRN

5/25/21

I bet! Still praying!

Judy (DJZMOM)

5/26/21

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said...

How is your wrist coming along?  

Thanks for asking.  At last week's doctor visit (6 weeks post op) he was very pleased at my progress.  Not quite healed all the way so still wear the brace but not while sewing!

KSCarolyn

5/27/21

I just got back from my cardiologist appointment and I have been cleared to have a Laminectomy scheduled for June 16th.  Hopefully, that will reduce some of the pain I have been having.  I have not been a happy camper lately.  I’m lucky to have George, a nursing student, here to help me.  My step-granddaughter, Sammy, is enrolled in nursing school with George and she recommended him to me.  He is an exchange student from Kenya and has been a blessing to me.  My son was adamant that I not be here alone.  George needed a place to stay and I needed help so it works for both of us.  He takes good care of me.  Very sweet and soft-spoken, Just like Cathy,  we yell a lot back and forth.  LOL  I have lost 30 pounds since January and this is not the way to do it.

Carolyn

I have been thinking about you this morning and wondering how you are doing.  I know you will probably still not be up for an in-person visit very soon, but we are waiting in the wings when you do.

Glad to hear that you have a good assistant and you have your surgery scheduled.  Keep us posted, as we do want to visit you when you feel much better.  

MelRN

5/27/21

I'll keep you in my prayers!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

5/27/21

Hi Carolyn, good to see you here.  I'm glad they got you scheduled for your surgery and will be keeping you in my prayers that all goes well with the surgery and for a speedy recovery.   : )

It's good to read that you have someone there with you to help you out in case you need it.  That is fantastic news!     

karensquilte

5/27/21

Reading that you are going to have surgery that we all hope will alleviate the pain or at least the most of it.  Glad you have George there to help you out and keep the good positive thoughts as we are all praying for you.